Make a donation

Author Topic: Revision G Diverter Valve (Weird noise)  (Read 2340 times)

Offline MS1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
Revision G Diverter Valve (Weird noise)
« on: March 17, 2016, 07:49:38 pm »
Recently had my Forge DV switched over to a Revision G at the request of the highly knowledgeable R-Tech.

The first thing I noticed is how the Revision G seemed to improve mid range boost, but over the whole power band, wasn't nearly as impressive as the Forge.
My car had been under vacuum for 70,000 miles so it probably took a little time to readjust to going back to electric controlled, but it's still not as good.

The second thing I noticed was the bizarre noise the car now makes on initial boost, almost a squeaky whistle, that flutters. If I accelerate and then come off straight away it's very noticeable for that short period of acceleration. Any ideas on what that maybe? Is that just the sound of the Revision G?

R-Tech Map/ Longlife TBE w/200 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Loba HPFP / Forge Twin FMIC / Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / Neuspeed Power Pulley / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Super-Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

284bhp / 307lbft

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
Re: Revision G Diverter Valve (Weird noise)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 03:49:36 pm »
Yeah I agree.  Rev G feels flatter across the range than both Rev D and my GFB DV+.

As for the noise, have you got an intake kit on it?  I noticed with Rev G on mine I was getting a bit of compressor surge lifting off.  That 'cha cha cha cha' noise everyone thinks is 'wastegate chatter'.

If you want a decent dump valve, have a read of this and consider buying one.  They're really good.

http://www.gfb.com.au/products/blow-off-and-diverter-valves/dv-plus/dv-t9351-suits-late-model-vag-euro-applications-by-gfb

Essentially, your vacuum valve is slow to react, which delays the dump and therefore makes the engine feel stronger.   The OEM valve just opens and shuts instantly.  There's no progression.  So it's probably dumping a bit quicker, giving a flatter engine feel.

The DV+ opens progressively, so best of both worlds.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 03:55:41 pm by Pudding »

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline MS1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Revision G Diverter Valve (Weird noise)
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 09:19:41 pm »
Hey dude. Yes I have an ITG Maxogen G60. It's not a 'cha cha cha' so to speak, more of a squeaky whistle as soon as you depress the accelerator. I wish I could go for your suggestion, but R-Tech won't map my car unless it has a Rev G :/
R-Tech Map/ Longlife TBE w/200 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Loba HPFP / Forge Twin FMIC / Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / Neuspeed Power Pulley / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Super-Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

284bhp / 307lbft