Make a donation

Author Topic: Stephen's Grey Mk5 Tfsi  (Read 9353 times)

Offline stephen_295

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Stephen's Grey Mk5 Tfsi
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2016, 11:49:30 am »
The other grey GTI in the pic looks great to  :happy2:

Hi Dublin Dub. It's only a 1.4. The guy's been trying to save for a Gti for a few years but don't think his Mrs will let him buy one! He get's Chinese Gti Grille's and JOM coilovers for Christmas most years!
  :grin: :grin:  :grin:

Offline airbagaaron

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2016, 12:00:25 pm »
Looks great, loving the wheels, cant image how i missed this at Dubshed! Looks great. :happy2:

Offline stephen_295

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2016, 12:04:46 pm »
Looks great, loving the wheels, cant image how i missed this at Dubshed! Looks great. :happy2:

Thanks very much man! It was hiding down the left just as you go though the entrance gates!
 :happy2:  :happy2:

Offline airbagaaron

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2016, 12:33:42 pm »

Thanks very much man! It was hiding down the left just as you go though the entrance gates!

Yeah i help with the set up of the show and work at it too, of i didnt get much time to walk around, in fairness i missed alot of cars. Will you be at Limerick this year or Castlewellen?

Offline stephen_295

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2016, 01:40:24 pm »

Yeah i help with the set up of the show and work at it too, of i didnt get much time to walk around, in fairness i missed alot of cars. Will you be at Limerick this year or Castlewellen?

Ah one of the downsides I suppose!
I'm not sure about limerick as it's the same day as xposed!
I'll more than likely be at Castlewellen though! It'll be my first time too! :driver:

Offline airbagaaron

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2016, 08:51:00 am »

I'll more than likely be at Castlewellen though! It'll be my first time too! :driver:

Aww ill probably be doing xposed myself aswel come to think of it! Aww good stuff, its a great show, if your into MTB its always worth camping the weekend, we always do.

Offline stephen_295

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2016, 03:41:57 pm »

Aww ill probably be doing xposed myself aswel come to think of it! Aww good stuff, its a great show, if your into MTB its always worth camping the weekend, we always do.

I actually think I'll be heading to Xposed! Nice and close to home so it'd be rude not to go ;)

Offline stephen_295

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2016, 07:31:58 pm »
I managed to get out this afternoon and get a few small bits done! First on the list was to give the section right behind the numberplate and grill a lick of paint.
It annoyed me while I had the grills off that it was so dirty and faded.

Before:

After:

I also Removed the yellow Laminex from the front fogs and covered them with 2 layers of tint. I'm just trying out a few different options and will decide which I prefer.
I also sprayed the fog light surrounds gloss black to match the honeycomb mesh. Really tidies up the front I think.
I'm giving the Badged front grill another try for a few days to see if I can make up my mind as to which I prefer.

It was then down to give the car a clean. I don't have any pictured of it before but it was in a sad state! I've been doing a lot of driving for work and just cant justify a mid-week clean!
I used Maguires Stage 2 Polish and then a quick spray of Maguires Quick Detailers to give an extra bit of shine. Maguires liquid tyre shine too!  8-)
The pictures really don't show off the finish but it does look great after the few hours work.

Back in the natural habitat... Petrol station.

The calipers are being sprayed chrome Silver the next day we get some sunshine. Also looking at the golf "R" retainer clips.
The car will also be going in for a service in the next 2 weeks which will also see the drilled and grooved calipers fitted before the NCT. The exhaust is hanging too low, may have been derailed at some stage but that'll be raised sooner rather than later.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2016, 12:32:26 am »
Surprising the little touches make a lot of difference

Offline stephen_295

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2016, 08:04:58 am »
Surprising the little touches make a lot of difference

You're right Maxitrol, I think it's all the little things that add up and make a car stand out!

Offline stephen_295

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2016, 10:40:44 am »
I had to do some washing on the weekend too!! Obviously just the essentials  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline stephen_295

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2016, 06:09:07 pm »
The cars NCT is due at the end of May so I thought I'd get ahead and get it done asap.
Had the car serviced today
-Oils
-Oil Filter
-Front Pads
-New Tyres
-Spark Plugs
-New Exhaust bushings
-New front Discs fitted.

Car's driving perfect now.
Really like how the R32 front brake setup is looking with the drilled and grooved discs.

Once the car passes the NCT I'll be looking to fit an aftermarket HPFP and have the car mapped again. If anyone know's somebody selling once let me know!

:-bd  :-bd  :-bd

Offline stephen_295

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 02:18:13 pm »
Recently I've been looking to see if there is much that can be done to tidy up the engine bay of the golf.
I was going to modify the engine cover so it would fit with my air intake but thought I'd try something a little bit different.
First I gave the bay a bit of a clean with some de-greaser. It's not gleaming but it's a bit of an improvement.

Before:

After:

I also ordered some Gold Heat reflective tape like this..

I may wrap the intake pipe or whatever it will suit come the time of application. Ordered form China so hoping to have it before Christmas haha..

I found someone selling the following for a very good price on the TFSI tuning FB page after being recommended by a member here to check it out!
- R8 Coil Pack
- Red Coil Pack Harness
- Porsche 911 Coolant Cap
- Porsche 911 Oil Cap
- Black Washer Fluid Cap

They should be here in the next day or two. I'll treat the bay to some dressing and then add the new bits.

Offline stephen_295

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2016, 11:39:46 pm »
So a few of my ordered bits arrived today..
R8 Coilpacks, Red Coilpack Harness, Porsche Oil & Cooland Cap, Black Windscreen Washer Cap.
I fitted everything except the Oil cap. Does anyone know if its possible to remove the Long Stalk that comes from the Rocker Cover for the oil? I want to have the Oil cap flush with the rest of the cover?

Anyway, after fitting the few bits I gave the bay a good going over to bring up the black notes.

I'm very happy with how it turned out and the way the car is coming along. It's been quite a long time since I've put so much into a project.
Looking forward to wrapping my intake pipe in the Gold Heat reflective tape when it arrives.
I also plan on sourcing another Rocker cover to get powder coated. If anyone has one please drop me a PM.
PCV Delete and Oil Catch Can along with some new colored hosing is on the list for the near future too.

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2016, 09:38:49 am »
Great looking GTI! :happy2:
Love the mods! :congrats: