Make a donation

Author Topic: Forge Twintake Edition 30  (Read 2095 times)

MikeGolfed30

Forge Twintake Edition 30
« on: April 08, 2016, 09:53:48 am »
I fitted a Forge Twintake to my Edition 30 this week, and Honestly from reading peoples comments about it being really noisy... either I am deaf or something wrong is with my car :signLOL:

Everything else is standard on the car.  and only in 1st 2nd and 3rd can I hear the induction sucking and wooshing of the turbo if i let off at 3500rpm...

It was wet yesterday and i noticed the traction control was taking over quite a lot which i guess affected my boosting and spooling noise.

Is this where I should be hearing the induction noise?

I double checked orientation of the filters and they are correct, all jubilee clips are tight and no air is escaping or entering without going through the filters and piping.

JackL15

Re: Forge Twintake Edition 30
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 10:18:50 am »
Got one on my GTI, its noisy when you want it to be dependant on how your driving. When my dad drives the car its barely noticeable.

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 06:53:18 pm »
The Twintake is one of the quietest intake as the filter is enclosed. . That's also the reason why it's the most restrictive intake on K04 cars.

Looks good though  :happy2:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

MikeGolfed30

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 11:22:40 pm »
Got one on my GTI, its noisy when you want it to be dependant on how your driving. When my dad drives the car its barely noticeable.

Doesnt matter how i drive it, past 3500rpm can barely hear it and thats with the radio off and the standard exhaust

oh well, sounds good coming off the lights through town

JackL15

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 07:47:09 pm »

Doesnt matter how i drive it, past 3500rpm can barely hear it and thats with the radio off and the standard exhaust

That's really interesting you say that, when I first had mine fitted initially I thought it was too loud and noticeable but got used to it over time. May be a stupid question but I wonder if its any different between the GTI and ED30?

MikeGolfed30

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 11:23:21 pm »

That's really interesting you say that, when I first had mine fitted initially I thought it was too loud and noticeable but got used to it over time. May be a stupid question but I wonder if its any different between the GTI and ED30?

To my knowledge the only difference is the breather connector on the 90 degree pipe from the turbo, just after the MAF sensor