Make a donation

Author Topic: Rattling noise from backseat windows on motorway  (Read 821 times)

filipo1203

Rattling noise from backseat windows on motorway
« on: April 05, 2016, 09:41:55 am »
Good morning everyone!

Recently i have been having an issue when driving on certain road surfaces on motorways. On certain road surfaces, which are fairly rough, i hear a rattling noise coming from the back seat windows  ( I have a GTI Dec 2007 3 door). It seems to me like the interior panels are touching with the exterior panels when on these rough motorway surfaces. It sounds like a metal on metal rattling noise.

It would be of great help if anyone has experienced this before, as it is baffling me quite a bit on what this may be! if anyone has any suggestions please let me know before i take it to a VW dealership and charge me a fortune to take off the back seat panels and see what the issue is.  :thinking:

Many thanks in advance, all the best

Filipo

Offline Stumpey

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Sunbury Weather
    • Email
Re: Rattling noise from backseat windows on motorway
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 03:14:10 pm »
Try looking at the rear lights, the reflectors come loose and drive you nuts with the rattling as hard to find. Mine where the lights in the tail gate.

Common problem lots of head scratching 10 mins to fix with a blob of super glue :)

Steve