Make a donation

Author Topic: First Detailing of my Car  (Read 7806 times)

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
Re: First Detailing of my Car
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2016, 06:46:02 pm »
My dad uses a brush on the end of a hose to wash his A4 cabriolet  :slap:

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2016, 06:47:17 pm »
I've used autogylm super resin and it's amazing and easy to apply on and off two years back on the tt and it came out like new and did last for ages as kept on getting compliments on how the car was shinning all the time and I didnt even wash it for a few months and had very minimal scratches on it but living in London and using these fecked up car washes doesn't help with black cars and I've noticed many fresh scratch marks over the bonnet mainly and one on the roof today from the last time.  :sad1:

Can't afford to pay £40 for a polish right now sadly so may just get a bottle of super resin and see how that goes and a cheapo wax too.  :ashamed:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 06:47:56 pm »
My dad uses a brush on the end of a hose to wash his A4 cabriolet  :slap:
:surprised:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2016, 06:54:27 pm »
I've used autogylm super resin and it's amazing and easy to apply on and off two years back on the tt and it came out like new and did last for ages as kept on getting compliments on how the car was shinning all the time and I didnt even wash it for a few months and had very minimal scratches on it but living in London and using these fecked up car washes doesn't help with black cars and I've noticed many fresh scratch marks over the bonnet mainly and one on the roof today from the last time.  :sad1:

Can't afford to pay £40 for a polish right now sadly so may just get a bottle of super resin and see how that goes and a cheapo wax too.  :ashamed:
As long as whatever wax you put on top of the SRP does it justice.

There's probably waxes for a quarter of that price, that might do a decent job. I haven't used one to recommend though.

Only reason I went for the HD stuff is that it was stacking up very well in reviews against much more expensive stuff. And you get lots in the pot. I've had it for a year and I'm not even halfway through it. It's very good value.

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 07:21:06 pm »
Followed up with being dried with a very old shammy leather.

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2016, 08:29:11 pm »

As long as whatever wax you put on top of the SRP does it justice.

There's probably waxes for a quarter of that price, that might do a decent job. I haven't used one to recommend though.

Only reason I went for the HD stuff is that it was stacking up very well in reviews against much more expensive stuff. And you get lots in the pot. I've had it for a year and I'm not even halfway through it. It's very good value.
I'll have to see what I can spare as summer may come soon and I hate looking at a dirty car. had loads of bird muck on it today so took it straight for a wash and it came out shiny black again but I see scratches  :mad:
Followed up with being dried with a very old shammy leather.
That's bad as I used to do that too  :signLOL:

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2016, 09:13:54 pm »

I also used to do it. Now the thought of it makes me cringe.

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2016, 09:46:21 pm »
I've never owned a black car @r5gtt because I've seen how hard it is to keep them looking clean. They need effort. Good products make it a bit easier to maintain a good finish so get your hand in your pocket and treat it to a bit of tlc! Weather's picking up soon so no excuse.

Once I've done mine with SRP and HD it only needs a quick wash and it comes up like glass. Thats lasts for a few months. That's the beauty of a good wax. If you didn't use one you'd forever be polishing it because the polished finish doesn't have any protection and it'd be a false economy.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2016, 09:48:14 pm »

I also used to do it. Now the thought of it makes me cringe.
No chamois anymore  :happy2: just micro fibre cloths like AJP said as I've been using for years now. the guys at the dealers always give me free ones  :signLOL:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2016, 09:50:49 pm »
I've never owned a black car @r5gtt because I've seen how hard it is to keep them looking clean. They need effort. Good products make it a bit easier to maintain a good finish so get your hand in your pocket and treat it to a bit of tlc! Weather's picking up soon so no excuse.

Once I've done mine with SRP and HD it only needs a quick wash and it comes up like glass. Thats lasts for a few months. That's the beauty of a good wax. If you didn't use one you'd forever be polishing it because the polished finish doesn't have any protection and it'd be a false economy.
I understand buddy, look at my signiture of the tt and that's not been washed for a month as I never have the time but it shines gloss black and stays that way untill the weather changed or a bird crap on it  :mad: