Make a donation

Author Topic: New member from Shetland  (Read 6389 times)

Offline TAPPY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,103290.0.html
Re: New member from Shetland
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2016, 10:15:17 pm »
Cheers Beej, what kind of bike you got?

Sounds good Tappy, I'd love to go to the IOM TT sometime, there is usually a group that head down each year from Shetland to go to it so will go with them sometime when funds allow.  We have a bike rally in Shetland called the simmer dim rally each year, it's an amazing week/weekend if you're ever thinking of coming. Usually get a couple of hundred bikes up from south/all over the world for it plus a couple of hundred local bikers.

I've not been to any bike rallys on mainland uk but, like the TT then, there are usually groups that go from here to a lot of them so will tag along at some point.

I have been saying for years that I will go to iom and now the time has come lol. That must be a long way for people to go from Shetland?

Offline ChrisGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 40
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,106577.0.html
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 07:57:36 am »
Anywhere is a long way to go from Shetland. haha.  :laugh:

Any trip to the mainland with a vehicle starts with a 14 hour over night boat trip from Shetland to Aberdeen (which in bad weather in the middle of the north sea can be an interesting crossing  :sick:) Then have to drive from Aberdeen to wherever you're going. Boat isn't cheap either, last time I took my car down then it was over £400 for me and my dad plus the car.

IOM will be amazing though and as you said it's got to be done at least once!

Chris
It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 01:20:41 pm »
Not surprised Beej, zed is a great bike. Had a go of a friends one last year and it blew my socks off! haha, such a smooth torquey engine.

Cheers prp74, it was owned by a friend of a friend for the last 6 years and he's looked after it well. Any advisory or thing it's ever needed it went straight to the garage and got sorted so know it's been well kept. Not quite the attention to detail I would have regarding bodywork and mods etc but still mechanically sound.

Cheers,

Chris
Yeah, I do like it! Does everything and more than I need!

Your fazer looks tidy btw!

Offline ChrisGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 01:43:55 pm »
Cheers Beej, it's taken a long time to do bits and pieces to it. Like any project it'll never be finished, there are always things that can be improved (next on the list is to get the rear swing arm gloss black to go with the frame and front forks). I'm pleased with where it's at now though. Balanced the carbs and re-gapped the plugs just before I took her out this year and my god it runs sooooo smooth now. Love it, it's only 600 but it's more than enough for me and for the roads up here.

Cheers,

Chris

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2016, 07:16:57 pm »
Cheers Beej, it's taken a long time to do bits and pieces to it. Like any project it'll never be finished, there are always things that can be improved (next on the list is to get the rear swing arm gloss black to go with the frame and front forks). I'm pleased with where it's at now though. Balanced the carbs and re-gapped the plugs just before I took her out this year and my god it runs sooooo smooth now. Love it, it's only 600 but it's more than enough for me and for the roads up here.

Cheers,

Chris
I know what you mean.

I had the throttle bodies balanced on my gsxr and that made a world of a difference with its idle and general running, however, the fact I was running a k&n and full exhaust system on it meant it needed properly calibrated, so the idle was never going to be that smooth with a power commander.

I have just changed the screen on the zed for a puig one, fitted a tail tidy, changed the cans for some tasty sounding Beowulf ones and fitted iridium plugs. I will be getting a solo seat cowl for it at some point and a radiator guard are next on the list! I'll dig out a picture of it and the others for you (as we all love a picture whore!)

Offline ChrisGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2016, 07:41:46 pm »
Haha, was just going to say I need to see pics of it!

Looking forward to seeing it.

Chris

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2016, 09:19:38 pm »
Haha, was just going to say I need to see pics of it!

Looking forward to seeing it.

Chris
Just when I got it

After fitting the exhausts (can't really see them!)

Here's my old gsxr 750

And my first bike yzf600r

Don't have any pictures of the other er6n

Offline ChrisGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2016, 09:53:25 pm »
They all look great man!

All nice and clean too! If you're ever tempted for a trip up to Shetland and need a tour guide then give me a shout  :drinking:

Back on the car, have started a members ride thread so will hopefully get some updates in there soon  :jumpmove:

Cheers,

Chris