Make a donation

Author Topic: Diverter valve  (Read 3945 times)

Offline Rasco

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
Diverter valve
« on: May 04, 2016, 04:38:31 pm »
ok before everyone tells me to read this and read that, I have and I'm none the wiser.

I'm stock (pre stage 1) on an 06 manual @124K and don't believe its ever been changed.

what is current wisdom on which revision? I'm leaning towards 06F 145 710 G (ALSO CAN'T FIND THIS PART ON THE TPS WEBSITE!) from what I can read, can someone clear this up for me

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: Diverter valve
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 04:50:50 pm »
Stop being cheeky  :slap:

Discontinued part  :signLOL:

Try get our hands on a gfb dv + and never look back  :smiley:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 04:55:02 pm »
It always depends who you ask, as opinion seems to creep into the argument. But the broad consensus (including the opinion of Niki at R-Tech) is that the revision G is the one to get.

I'm not sure on the part number, but I did hear a rumour they're discontinued. You might have to do a bit of digging to find one.

My experience with the rev G is all good. Had it fitted in place of a failed rev C and immediately felt the boost doing what it should. Then had a Stage 1 map and it's still working spot on almost a year later. It's probably good practice to renew the valve every year or two if you're planning on turning up the boost.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 04:59:02 pm »
You arguing again AJP  :slap: naughty boy.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 05:04:48 pm »
Not really pal? Just relaying what I know about the rev G situation.

Offline Rasco

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 05:09:37 pm »
I just spoke to an audi parts guy who checked his system for the rev G and although its an old number on his system they have them available for order £34 plus the vodka and tonic - so they have stock it appears even if the part is discontinued?

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 05:10:04 pm »
Only kidding  :drinking:
I thought it was pointless getting a whole new valve if the original one is working and just has a split diaphragm so after reading the reviews of the GFB dv + I decided I want one and it came up cheap too so had to take the bait. £65 bargain  :signLOL:

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 05:15:31 pm »
I went for a G last year, and just bought a gfb dv+, which I can state that there is less weird noises with that fitted over the G version, plus, throttle response on/off seems quicker.

The noises you may not get unless you have an open cone type air intake, so it you don't want to spend the money on a dv+, I would go with a rev G

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 05:16:51 pm »
I thought it was pointless getting a whole new valve if the original one is working and just has a split diaphragm so after reading the reviews of the GFB dv + I decided I want one and it came up cheap too so had to take the bait. £65 bargain  :signLOL:
I think you must have replied while I was typing mine out.

Anyway, I have heard that the latest gfb is holding up well in tests. The earlier/original (and certainly Chinese copy) versions were the ones that didn't work too well.

So if the rev G is indeed unavailable when mine's due I might just look into it.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 05:18:19 pm »
I went for a G last year, and just bought a gfb dv+, which I can state that there is less weird noises with that fitted over the G version, plus, throttle response on/off seems quicker.

The noises you may not get unless you have an open cone type air intake, so it you don't want to spend the money on a dv+, I would go with a rev G
Are the weird noises the 'out of tune flute' resonance noises that some k03 cars get with a cone intake?

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 05:19:45 pm »
I just spoke to an audi parts guy who checked his system for the rev G and although its an old number on his system they have them available for order £34 plus the vodka and tonic - so they have stock it appears even if the part is discontinued?
I thought they were gone. Maybe worth snapping that up then.

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 05:22:32 pm »

Are the weird noises the 'out of tune flute' resonance noises that some k03 cars get with a cone intake?
No, it was weird screechy high pitched type noises which myself and my brother (2.0tsi) we're getting. Both seem to no longer have this

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 05:58:26 pm »
I think you must have replied while I was typing mine out.

Anyway, I have heard that the latest gfb is holding up well in tests. The earlier/original (and certainly Chinese copy) versions were the ones that didn't work too well.

So if the rev G is indeed unavailable when mine's due I might just look into it.
What was the first one?. just gfb dv?

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 06:00:38 pm »

I've certainly found all the wierd noises I had have now gone thanks to the GFB  dv + and no more torn diaphragm.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 06:03:39 pm »
It's always been called the DV+ as far as I know.