Make a donation

Author Topic: Help!! Lights, Paddle shift, Tyres  (Read 800 times)

Offline Gusto

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Help!! Lights, Paddle shift, Tyres
« on: May 05, 2016, 09:41:11 pm »
Hi all.  I would grateful of any help or comments on 3 things on my GTI.
1) I have my lights set to auto, so they come on at night no problem, but they also come on whilst driving in the day time.  Not straight away, but maybe after a certain speed.  How do I turn that off (or can't you?)
2) My paddle shift controls on the wheel work intermittently, sometimes every time, on the button, others I can pull a side (each side is just as bad) 3 or 4 times before it will change gear, then 4 seconds later they will both work perfectly - Any ideas or suggestions welcome
3) Has anyone fitted next tyre up from standard, so from a 225 width to 235 keeping the same profile I guess..? (car has 18" Monza alloys)
Thanks in advance for any replies  :happy2:

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: Help!! Lights, Paddle shift, Tyres
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 09:04:53 am »
Re item 2 - the gears won't change unless the speed is appropriate for that gear - just a thought; may not be what you mean though

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 10:56:04 am »
I have the same with headlights that come on at a certain speed and the only way to stop this is switch auto lights off.  :happy2:

paddles I can't help you with but they could be worn out.
I'd say front 235 40 18 will rub the arch liners but rears will be fine and if lowered it can get worse.

Offline Gusto

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 10:46:28 pm »
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.
I'm definitely changing gears at appropriate speeds, so maybe the contact points are worn/need cleaning as they are working very intermittently.
Lights I'll live with and tyres I'll think about some more - Thanks again  :happy2:

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 10:55:55 pm »
What's the sports mode like when changing up and down?.we are talking dsg right?.