Make a donation

Author Topic: PIRELLI WHEEL PAINT CODE  (Read 2722 times)

Offline 993BOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 1
PIRELLI WHEEL PAINT CODE
« on: June 14, 2016, 03:33:44 pm »
Help please  :confused:

I'm getting my Pirelli wheels powder coated tomorrow and can't find a paint code anywhere for them.

They are silver and I want to get them re-finished in exactly the same colour for originality.

VW gave me a code of QQ9, but this isn't a paint code, just their number.

Any help would be much appreciated  :notworthy: :smiley:

Offline flashp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 65
Re: PIRELLI WHEEL PAINT CODE
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 06:08:56 pm »
I tried to get this once upon a while ago and didn't have any luck. The original finish on these wheels is dire and they couldn't be bothered to cover all of the wheel.
In the end I decided that I didn't like silver wheels on a silver car so much and resolved that as long as the finish was excellent and they were all identical it wouldn't matter too much.
I personally believe that by the time these cars start to be affected by matters like this in terms of value I will have moved it on some time previously and will have enjoyed whatever I did to it in the meantime. I told myself that most prospective buyers won't mind as long as the finish is good, the colour works on that car and there's no damage.

Mine look like this...

Fair play for keeping original though  :happy2:
I have the wheels and S3 brakes stored for when the time comes.

Gone but not forgotten :-)

Offline 993BOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 06:22:22 pm »
Your wheels look great, but I'll probably stick with silver for originality. The guys said that they have over 4000 paint chips to chose from, so I should be able to get a pretty good match....fingers crossed.
And like you said, they weren't painted very well from the factory in the first place, so am hoping for an excellent coverage and finish when I collect them tomorrow afternoon.

Hard to believe that they can turn them around in just a day 8am to 5pm!!

Have changed my diverter valve for a DV+, pulled out the old one to find it was a G and in excellent condition....least I know that I won't have to change it ever again!!

Thinking of doing a Bluefin Stage 1 re-map next, Superchips guy said that they are massively de-tuned and I can get around 285bhp with no other mods!
Driving a MK7 R as a daily on lease, so it will be close on that for power  :laugh:

Calipers look a bit scruffy, what have you fitted to yours, they look very tasty??

Offline flashp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 65
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 06:36:57 pm »
The most popular maps for these happen not to include Bluefin. I know of no technical reasons why this is so buit there it is. Revo or R-Tech seem to be first choices.
I'd go with a good tuner who is as local as you can get so you get good ongoing support and definitely choose one who has a proven record with these cars/engines.
Ideally they should log the car and/or scan it and road test before and after.

These do have fuel pumps which may or may not show problems with maintaining good air fuel ratios at certain points in the rev range. Adding a HPFP won't add power but it can safeguard your engine and prevent settings being pulled back by the ECU if things go awry.

My brakes are AP Racing 6 pot with floating rotors, I've been very happy with them.  :love: Great on track.

Gone but not forgotten :-)

Offline oisinc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 12:33:59 pm »
Im headed to VW now. Ill ask them for a code.
BBL :)

Offline oisinc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 03:28:10 pm »
Im being told QQ9 Titanium grey..

Offline oisinc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 05:01:05 pm »
Well thats what the guy at VW gave me. Titanium grey QQ9. he couldnt see any other paint code.
Run with titanium grey if you have that option.
 :happy2: