Make a donation

Author Topic: loosing tire pressure  (Read 1415 times)

Rollsey

loosing tire pressure
« on: May 16, 2016, 02:42:27 pm »
Hello all,

My edition 30 keeps loosing tire pressure in the offside front and I am at a loss to know why. It has had this problem since I bought it 18 months ago. First I thought it was a leaky valve so had that replaced, it still lost around 1.5 bar of pressure roughly every 30 days. I then had the tyre replaced with a Michelin pilot sport still the same problem. The wheel looks fine although it has been curbed a few times. One thing I did take note of was when the lad was repalcing my tyre and had the wheel on the balancing machine he told me that it had a slight buckle, it's not noticable when looking at it and the wheel has no dents in the rim like i said its just got some minor scrapes from curb grinding. Has anyone had the same problem? or do you have any thoughts on what could be going on?

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 100
    • Email
Re: loosing tire pressure
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 08:30:05 pm »
If the wheel is buckled maybe there could be a fine crack allowing air out or maybe the tyre isn't sealing properly on the rim. Take the wheel off and squirt areas with a solution of washing up liquid and water and any leaks should soon show up as bubbles.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 08:52:29 pm »
You just need to take it to a good tyre fitter to sort the puncture :innocent:

Offline andyR43

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 08:54:10 pm »
Even a slightly buckled wheel will eventually lose pressure.

Keeping it original..............or not!!

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 10:23:19 pm »
If none of the above work.....try a tube? Not brill, but what else can you do??

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 10:42:57 pm »
I had this with a customers car and foumd it to be a hair line crack causing the loss of pressure. Another customer had a leaking valve not fully screwed in.
Another had a buckled rim which leaked air from it every couple of days. maybe worth what was said above re fairy with water or similar I use wind screen wash  :signLOL: in a squirty bottle and you'll soon find the leak.