Make a donation

Author Topic: Paints ?  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Paints ?
« on: May 16, 2016, 08:28:05 pm »
Can anyone advise a good place to get a decent tin of spray paint please? are Halfords cans fairly good in terms of quality and pain match ?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 100
    • Email
Re: Paints ?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 09:56:36 pm »
Last year I got halfords to make up some paint in aerosols for my Peugeot as they didn't have the correct colour in stock and the colour match was really good. The premixed ones you can buy I've found that the paint match wasn't very good.

Offline afctom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 10:01:19 pm »
I'd avoid Halfords unless its the stuff of the shelf, the stuff they mix for you is very much dependent on who makes it. I used to work there and people would just eyeball the measurements rather than use exactly what is needed   :sad1:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 685
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 10:11:16 am »
Why not just get it from the dealer?  It will be bang on correct.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D