Make a donation

Author Topic: Black LCR-- Nurburgring trip September 2016--  (Read 5625 times)

Offline Johnsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
Black LCR-- Nurburgring trip September 2016--
« on: May 17, 2016, 11:23:24 am »
Iv had my 2011/61reg LCR just over a year now got her for a good price due to being Cat D registered back in 2013,I bought it from a fellow SCN member last March/April time. She was standard apart from the 18" BBS sport alloys, since then Iv covered approx 15,000miles taking in one trackday at Croft last May and Iv carried out a couple of mods inspired by fellow users of this site.
A couple from last March after the long drive home from N.I

And how she sits today

First things first decent rubber! MPSS and a pipercross foam air filter
,after the trackday at croft I wanted to start fettling so I started looking a BBK upgrade.
After a lot of forum reading I opted for the Audi TTRS Brembo upgrade with vagbremtechnic carriers and 340mm TTS discs, I had the fit 15mm H&R hubcentric spacers to clear the wheels,so I balanced the car out at the back fitting H&R trak+ 20mm hubcentrics

it took me a few months to put the brake upgrade together so they weren't fitted until October,and then there was some R&D and money spent trying different spacers at the rear to balance the car out as the front 15mm spacers made it rather twitchy,20mm H&Rtrak+ rectified this.

A trip to big fish tuning over xmas to release some extra ponies

more recently Iv fitted a revo pro SPS

Thanks for reading

Johnsy
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 09:32:27 pm by Johnsy »

Offline Johnsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Black LCR
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 11:33:18 am »
It was recently advertised forsale to bolster a deposit on a new house but that's been put back till next year now,
And where planning a European road trip in September with some friends

#destinationNurgburgring

Offline Paradox1

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 12:12:28 pm »
Nice car, bet your pleased with the power too!

Offline Johnsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 03:16:12 pm »
Nice car, bet your pleased with the power too!

Over the moon with the extra power and it delivery, and the brakes are phenomenal they'd be even better with a performance type pad in

Offline Paradox1

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 05:21:11 pm »
I've heard nothing but good things from those using TTRS brakes. Its on the cards for me but my list of mods outweigh my spare cash fund lol.

Offline Johnsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 11:37:27 pm »
Thought I'd link in some pictures and footage from croft last May,

15min or so track footage shot using my iPhone 6 a cheap window mount and overplayed with Harry's lap timer https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mcbtKglR4rk

And here's a couple shots of my previous steed, Passat CC 3.6L GT

Offline Johnsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Black LCR-- Nurburgring trip September 2016--
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 09:33:48 pm »
[COLOR="Red"]Nurburgring trip 2016[/COLOR]

1722.5 miles
246.44 liters of V-power
28mpg
40 hrs driving
3 laps of Nordsleiffe
5 laps Nurburgring GP

Wow what a place! So green so very very green.its hard to imagine you turn off the autobahn into this beautiful green cauldron of mountains & valleys, driving down through the tunnels set into the scenery,the pressure builds and your ears pop, trying hard to follow the winding mountain roads and not fall off it staring at the shear beauty of it all!
my iPhone 6 camera doesn't do the place justice

Arriving late on Monday due to an overturned wagon on the Brussels ring road meant we'd missed the Monday night 2hr ring session, so had to settle for a 20min session on the GP circuit on Tuesday.

Cooling off

2hr session ended 30min early to due to biker getting spat off,atleast he did it in front of us in the bottom car park, funny the Wednesday session was ended early due to another biker doing something similar out of sight this time. I'd went out earlier as a passenger in a M3 CSL,quite an experience, but not as cool as jumping in with an Irish kid in his 180 sx, his mate had a 200sx and they didn't disappoint, light oversteer he called it just a flick no handbrake, mind they still got banned from the rest of the session despite getting the marshals approval,pesky Germans and there rules.( waiting for YouTube video upload)

We ended up at pistenklause restaurant, Apprently owned by Sabien Schmitz family, the famous steak on a stone didn't disappoint, and got another visit on the last night, Steak for 17

Half eaten

Even though the track was closed for TF, the manufacturers basically lap it all day every day with there test mules, We even caught a few glimpses of the Pagani Hyaura apparently trying to set a lap record ,it sounded awesome at full chat on the start/finish straight
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kUOjyiiE6To

Found some corners, next time Ill leave the wife at home and take a mountain bike

Had read about the views from the top of the castle and the weather was amazing,
Driving up from the gantry

Overlooking the GP circuit, about 9 Lamborghinis where lapping at the time, telescope came in handy

Green hell

Obligatory other touristy stuff

Not the best

Not sure about putting stickers on my car

The ring was open for TF on Thursday evening between 5:30 and 7:30(ish), nervous,excited bearing in mind all you really see about this place is all the accident YouTube footage, decided not to wear a helmet so as not to feel invincible, first lap I spent more time checking my mirrors and keeping out of the way,and slowing for every blind crest, after doing the first lap in 11:30 I was straight back out with a little more confidence and returned with a 10:23, happy the car was ok and feeling a little more relaxed I went straight back out again for a third, having a little bit more track knowledge my 3rd lap was certainly quicker but Harry's lap timer had killed my phone storage,so stopped filming, I got around 9mins of footage .

High speed brake dust

Cued for a 4th lap but the session was cut short as the track claimed another victim, no footage has appeared of the crash as yet,but have read lift off oversteer killed this Meg.the guys that where still out on track got a rare treat of driving it backwards
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LbQTl2-8reI What a mess,driver and passenger ok
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QhU9seCCxQs

Really enjoyable trip and the car was faultless

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 09:27:03 am »
Always like it when I see it!
It looks that you enjoyed it too :wink:
Nice ride! :wink:

Offline GTI8v

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 07:38:50 pm »
@Johnsy Interesting read, thanks :happy2:
How do you find the Big Fish map, service etc ?
I only live down the road, and work even closer, so am considering them doing mine, not sure I can really justify a visit to rtech as I don't drive the car alot, and when I do I'm usually Mrs Daisy (maybe not)

Offline Johnsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 11:57:54 pm »
Always like it when I see it!
It looks that you enjoyed it too :wink:
Nice ride! :wink:

Cheers fella

Offline Johnsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 12:03:18 am »
I only live down the road, and work even closer, so am considering them doing mine, not sure I can really justify a visit to rtech as I don't drive the car alot, and when I do I'm usually Mrs Daisy (maybe not)

Spot on service from BFT, and the mapping is spot. They came highly recommended on vagcars forum and word of mouth.

Offline golfmck1980

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 08:38:04 am »
Some awesome snaps there man
Edition 30 num 859

Offline GTI8v

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 05:12:38 pm »

Spot on service from BFT, and the mapping is spot. They came highly recommended on vagcars forum and word of mouth.
Thanks, might pop down and have a word one lunchtime see what they have to say.

Offline Johnsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 07:25:39 pm »
Some awesome snaps there man

Thanks dude, they really dont do the place justice though,

I wish I'd got some footage of the road up the mountain to the start/finish straight epic curves, yours ears pop it's that high up

Offline Johnsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 07:28:18 pm »

Thanks, might pop down and have a word one lunchtime see what they have to say.

They might be busy, I'd phone ahead first .

I took advantage of there xmas special last year, £50 off so it was £200  :happy2: