Make a donation

Author Topic: Polisher recommendations?  (Read 6340 times)

Offline GTI8v

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
Re: Polisher recommendations?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 07:16:45 pm »
As it happens I've only just ordered mine, went for this in the end http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher/das-6-pro-meguiars-hex-logic-kit/prod_1212.html
Should be here tomorrow so let the polishing commence!
Also got a big fluffy drying towel as recommended on another thread and some black wax.

You won't be disappointed with this. I've used this setup myself and it gives great results every time for the money. It does the job nicely and it's very well priced IMO  :happy2:
It arrived this morning which was good service as I never paid extra for fast delivery. Looks ok, although not having seen anything else can't really compare it against anything.

Offline GTI8v

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
Re: Polisher recommendations?
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 09:30:55 pm »
Had a quick practise on my wife's car today before using it on my Golf.
Someone brushed her bumper a couple of weeks ago so I thought I'd try out the new toy.
Started with this

Took a few nervous minutes to get this..

Looks like there's still a scratch there but it must be a reflection of something.
I'm pretty impressed with the results, and also managed to tackle the area around the door handle that looked as though a bear had been trying to claw its way into the car...

Unfortunately it pissed down so forgot to take an after picture, but managed to get all but 1 of the scratches out. Given I only had about 10 minutes on it, think that's quite good.