All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Warranty Issues

(1/5) > >>

markymark:
I took my car into the local dealers today to get my headlights looked at as everytime I went out in the dark I was constantly being flashed. They checked the alignment and sure enough they were 4" out and put them back as they should be.
When the guy was handing over the car he commented on how well the car looked and went on to say that my wheel centre caps could be replaced under warranty as they were badly corroded, but only if I told them of the issue.
I think the dealers are looking for issues to claim under warranty just to keep the techs busy!!
Im quite happy as now I get a few little niggles sorted under warranty! :happy2:

Teutonic_Tamer:
Are your headlamps halogens or Xenons?

And make sure that when your car goes in, it don't come back out with more "dealer created faults".  :wink:

markymark:
I have Xenons, fortunately it was only with them for 45 minutes!

vRStu:
There does seem to be a lot of dealers 'chasing' work.  Certainly the Skoda dealers are busy looking for work by writing to customers and telling them that routine work is a recall which has caused some concern to owners.

Teutonic_Tamer:

--- Quote from: markymark on October 31, 2008, 07:54:48 pm ---I have Xenons, fortunately it was only with them for 45 minutes!

--- End quote ---

So do they go through the self test/calibration routine?

Park facing a wall, or at a filling station, engine off, turn headlamps on, turn ignition on, then start engine - the beams should go down, then back up again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version