Make a donation

Author Topic: Retrofit Day Leicester/Nottingham, Saturday 1st July  (Read 10913 times)

Offline TheBALDpuma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Re: Retrofit Day Leicester/Nottingham, Saturday 1st July
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2016, 04:35:55 pm »
Hi mine is a 2008 58 plate car. The aerial is a black normal looking aerial at the back of the roof.

I'll keep an eye out when you're in they Midlands, but I do spend some time near London so could pop in when I'm down that way possibly? What area of London?

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2016, 05:09:36 pm »
Hi mine is a 2008 58 plate car. The aerial is a black normal looking aerial at the back of the roof.

I'll keep an eye out when you're in they Midlands, but I do spend some time near London so could pop in when I'm down that way possibly? What area of London?
Hi chris

Yep 08 plate is easy for me to do. Next time im up in midlands will probably be in a few weeks. But definitely September 8th till 11th. I actually live in Walthamstow, London.

If you can buy the stalk, ill fit and code it for £30

Get a 1K0953513G.  The G versions are more solid than the A ones.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Offline TheBALDpuma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2016, 09:32:17 pm »

Hi chris

Yep 08 plate is easy for me to do. Next time im up in midlands will probably be in a few weeks. But definitely September 8th till 11th. I actually live in Walthamstow, London.

If you can buy the stalk, ill fit and code it for £30

Get a 1K0953513G.  The G versions are more solid than the A ones.

Thanks, I'llbe in touch.  Unfortunately neither the midlands or north London are all that close, living in Leeds and parents in Guildford - but hopefully I'll be able to figure something out!

Offline TheBALDpuma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2016, 01:27:02 pm »
Do you fit NAV as well?  Is an aftermarket unit like this worth considering - the cheapest 2nd hand NAV+DAB I've found was £450 and it was a skoda one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-Mk5-Mk6-Head-Unit-Stereo-DAB-Radio-Kudos-SatNav-GPS-Bluetooth-Scirocco-/172001713804?hash=item280c19de8c:g:0QgAAOSwOVpXenhc

How much would you charge for this? (Assuming you do it?)

Is  ~£30 for the indicator stalk about what I should expect from ebay, or are these cheap fakes?

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2016, 01:37:26 pm »
Pmd