Make a donation

Author Topic: Intermittent brake pedal bite/feel (TTRS brembos)  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Johnsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
Intermittent brake pedal bite/feel (TTRS brembos)
« on: June 21, 2016, 09:26:17 pm »
Hmm where to start....

Had my front brakes upgraded to the TTRS brembos on 340mm tts discs, hel hoses,cheap pagid pads. Recently Iv been experiencing and soft clutch pedal with a really low bite, and spongy brakes, but more so the biting point was noticeable.

Anyway fast forward a few months i bought a sealey pressure bleeder and some ate superblue fluid so I could see the old fluid had been completely flushed.

My clutch pedal/bite is a lot more positive and the brake pedal feels ok but not perfect, evidently some thing is wrong though as after driving in stop go traffic crawling along my brake pedal pressure intermittently disappears then all of a sudden sharply bites, almost thought my brakes had failed, but no it goes from nothing (no pressure felt in pedal) to a sharp jerky stop this only seems to happens when bumper to bumper traffic and is quite hard to replicate but it does keep happening. Got to the point now where I'm using the handbrake instead of sitting with my foot on the brakes.

Is this a common fault or has anybody heard or read about similar symptoms ?

I'm at the stage where my next port of call is new/better pads/discs just to rule this out

Any help/advice much appreciated,I'm going Germany in September and this needs sorting Asap

Johnsy

Offline Softishman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
Re: Intermittent brake pedal bite/feel (TTRS brembos)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 12:21:42 pm »
Warped discs? I had mine skimmed and changed from ebc red stuff (they don't cope with track driving) to yellow stuff and ate superblue fluid and i have damn good breakes now!! :jumping:

Offline vag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Intermittent brake pedal bite/feel (TTRS brembos)
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 07:58:16 pm »
Sounds like brake assist kicking in?