Make a donation

Author Topic: Wing warranty wait for it.........Success [emoji1303]  (Read 4366 times)

Offline mattkgti

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 3
  • Amateur MK5 Golf GTI Enthusiast
    • Email
Re: Wing warranty wait for it.........Success [emoji1303]
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2016, 10:57:59 pm »
I'd say to anyone thinking of doing it definitely try it, you've nothing to loose.  Got it done about 2 months after I bought my GTI.

I heard about this wing corrosion warrantee from a mate so thought it was worth a pop.  Took it to Ridgeway Group Accident Repair Centre (Greenham Business Park) and got the impression that they were a tad hesitant.  But hey if you look after your car and it looks like you genuinely care as well as being within warrantee, what is there to be discussed?   :smiley:

There were no issues, all I had to do was pay for the insurance on their courtesy car for the 1-2 weeks they had my car and they blended the paint as a 'Good Will Gesture' as normally they charge for this.

Don't be shy guys, go ahead and if in doubt just ask!  :happy2:

Offline Trow81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 05:38:54 pm »
So it's been a while since I posted this and today I picked up the Eddy excited as a kid at Christmas. Listers VW Coventry have done an amazing job really happy with the work and service I received. No hassle went in on Monday and out today. They even sorted the stone chipped bonnet FOC and gave me a free touch up kit to boot. If U've been considering putting a claim in do it totally worth it. As I say if ur located West Midlands area give them a go Dale and the team were brilliant all the way through. Few pics of how she looks now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2016, 06:44:21 pm »
Very nice, and also how good to hear a positive report on a main dealer. Sounds like you had a good experience there. Good end result :happy2:

Offline shail

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,99663.msg979899.html#msg979899
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2016, 09:03:54 pm »
I got quoted around £500 for my bonnet by Coventry Listers.  They did a great job on my wings though. 

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2016, 07:44:44 pm »
Are the rear aches covered under warranty too?.

Offline Trow81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2016, 08:05:11 pm »
Mine are fine so didn't ask however it's a 12 year paint and corrosion warranty and I know people that have had there sills done so can't see why not. It's worth a punt don't cost anything to ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2016, 08:07:48 pm »
Thanks Trow81 I'll give it a go as the last time I went for the front rust it slapped in the face as I didn't realise the wings had been painted previously and I should have looked but didn't.   :doh:

:drinking: