Make a donation

Author Topic: V-MAXX Lowering Springs  (Read 2290 times)

Offline nz_gti

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
V-MAXX Lowering Springs
« on: December 09, 2016, 09:10:15 am »
Hi guys,
Any one use these springs?
They seem to be pretty popular over here in NZ but I see they are a British company.  Any info appreciated.
Cheers

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 685
Re: V-MAXX Lowering Springs
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 03:20:59 pm »
They're more at the budget end.  Not aware of many folk in VW circles using them.  Most folk seem to like AP coilovers, Bilstein based fixed height kits or H&R springs.

Springs are springs really.  Apart from the static spring rate and coil type (progressive or fixed), the only thing that separates a cheap spring from an expensive spring, is lifespan.  Quality lasts, cheap junk tends not to!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline nz_gti

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 07:57:49 pm »
Cheers Pudding,
I'll keep looking to see what else is available here in NZ in the way of springs.

Offline Bozz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 60
  • -Receive: 12
  • My Ride: Golf GT TDI 57reg
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 10:25:49 pm »
Hi mate, I had a full set of eibach pro springs fitted a few months ago & what a difference,,, Very impressed

Offline The Red Warrior

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 32
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 10:09:41 am »
Steve, there are lots of Eibach spring kits for sale on trademe. Not specifically for your car at the moment but any supplier of Eibach springs will be able to get them for you. I'm in Auckland so if you needed something sent down to you I could probably help you out in case someone won't deliver something.
Have you signed up to vask.org.nz too? There's plenty of knowledgeable people there too who might know someone local.

Saw photos of your car in the exhaust thread you started. It looks good with the colour coded bumper and a few other enthusiest touches.

Offline nz_gti

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 07:14:28 pm »
Cheers Red, That info is gold.  Yeah looked on Tard me and only came up with V-Maxx springs but will look out for Eibach sellers.  Looks like H&R and Eibach are the two main preferred options for a 30mm drop
No haven't come across vask yet but will have a look and no doubt sign up.
Cheers for your comments about the other thread.  Yeah I don't like the black backs the standard gti and who ever dreamed up those horrible mags at VW should be shot imo.  If I ended up buying a gti with those factory mags that would have been the first to go.  Personal taste I guess, a lot of folks seem to really like them.

Offline The Red Warrior

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 32
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 08:58:08 pm »
Yeah, I know what you mean about the wheels. I personally like them. I've actually got the 17" Denvers but painted and machined them to look like the 18" Detroits. There is a photo of them on vask somewhere.
However if I could choose any wheels I'd get the same as ROH ECHT on here has got. But here in NZ they are over $2000  :rolleye: