Make a donation

Author Topic: Car security ?  (Read 9158 times)

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Car security ?
« on: January 17, 2010, 04:17:33 pm »
Well after all this news of car thefts it gets you thinking about having more security installed, the only things i can think of that would help is tracking and or some kind of anti hijack device (one thats not just for anti hijack but allows keys to be used and car to be driven of by the crooks but after a short period the engine cuts out and leaves the stranded), so any thoughts, any ideas etc

ps, obviously be careful about advertising what security you have installed but perhaps advise on what you have seen on other mk5 golf  :happy2:

i have always fancied something like this http://www.spalautomotive.co.uk/acatalog/SPAL_ANTI_HI-JACKING_SYSTEM.html
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 04:21:12 pm by 182_blue »

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Car security ?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 04:24:45 pm »
Obviously all security helps but you really need to think about what your doing.
Ok lets say they break in and take your keys while your asleep. And with the device fitted you suggest they only make it a mile from your house, then have to leave your car.
Well whats stopping them coming back the next month right while your watching coronation street and holding a knife to your family members throat and telling you to switch all the devices off because your wife is coming with us and if the car stops this time your wife will get hurt.
I know its all what ifs and hypothetical but these twats spend half there lives on the inside and dont fear going back.  :sick:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 04:32:47 pm »
^^yeh i do understand all of that but still where do you stop with making it easy for them ?, leave keys in car with a big sign on it  :laugh: , anyway all the risks considered has anyone got any suggestions on the actual equipment that works on a mk5  :happy2:

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 04:44:13 pm »
I see your point there but the people that are doing this are nothing special, they are little scumbags who use fear more than anything, I have seen very few that are big tough blokes, if any! I speak to a lot of people who say 'I'm glad I wasn't in or I would have been the one getting locked up...' and it really annoys me that people have that attitude, you have a right to defend your property/home and self most importantly and unless you do something excessive/disproportionate/unjustified then you are more than within your rights, you may be asked to account for your actions so be honest about what you do/did!

I would make as hard as you can for them and stick up for yourself! I would not give up my car keys without doing everything I could first! I understand some people will say 'its just a car' but for me I'ts more than that, I work hard for what I have ( quiet Beddie ) and no way am I going to let some f*ck take it without a fight, no chance!  :fighting: :fighting: :mad:

I appreciate some people don't feel the same but thats me
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • gone old skool
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 05:22:11 pm »
Probably a little extreme TC  :laugh:  but I know anything is possible with these kind of people.

Although they might get away with my car if they wanted I dont think I would sit back and do nothing...who's knows until your in the situation though.

One of the oldest I have heard from is the blackjax system - still around now.

What about a smoakcloak type one, now that would be cool.  We had a smokecloak system fitted to our server room where I worked - filled the room thick with smoke in about 25-30seconds!  Was well funny when we tested it.

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 05:32:31 pm »
What about a smoakcloak type one, now that would be cool.  We had a smokecloak system fitted to our server room where I worked - filled the room thick with smoke in about 25-30seconds!  Was well funny when we tested it.

:surprised: :grin:

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • gone old skool
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 07:00:07 pm »
We had it fitted in the ceiling - check out those servers eh!!   Was 6+Yrs ago mind.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 07:32:07 pm »
I think were missing the point, surely you should be making it more difficult for them to get in your house?  :confused:

Hasn't got to be Fort Knox as there are plenty of other places they could get in easily. Make it as difficult as possible, and if they do get in unleash hell!!  :fighting: :fighting:

Offline holepunch

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 07:40:51 pm »
Am I right in thinking that the only real way someone is going to make off with your GTI is by stealing the keys?

Offline stevie_p

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 07:44:29 pm »
get a rottweiler! a big dog is usualy enough to make em think twice before entering!!

Offline ILoveTuna

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 07:48:01 pm »
Am I right in thinking that the only real way someone is going to make off with your GTI is by stealing the keys?

Yes thats correct.

A lad i know works in a VW dealership they had a GTI traded in for cash with only one key. It was stolen off the pitch later that day with a key!!

Hence I take my key to bed every night and the spare is off site..

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 08:11:11 pm »
I think were missing the point, surely you should be making it more difficult for them to get in your house?  :confused:

Hasn't got to be Fort Knox as there are plenty of other places they could get in easily. Make it as difficult as possible, and if they do get in unleash hell!!  :fighting: :fighting:

True but im not always at home and my car will be at various places with me carrying my young one etc, so sometimes the option of letting someone take the car only for it to fail a bit down the road might be handy

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 08:12:40 pm »

True but im not always at home and my car will be at various places with me carrying my young one etc, so sometimes the option of letting someone take the car only for it to fail a bit down the road might be handy

Absolutley, I'm not saying not to do anything to the car but just to make it as hard as possible for them wherever you are!  :happy2:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 08:56:10 pm »

Absolutley, I'm not saying not to do anything to the car but just to make it as hard as possible for them wherever you are!  :happy2:
i do and will LOL

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 09:23:14 pm »
i ordered the STS handset to go with my remap,  holds stage 2 map, stage 3 map and an immobiliser map. Supposably impossible to start the car even with the key until you reset it with the handset.

Saying that bluefin hanset can immobilise the car and iirc the REVO SPS can do it as well
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:14:55 pm by vRSy »