Make a donation

Author Topic: *** All your bluefin/superchips questions and answers in here please.  (Read 123338 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Superchips ED30 / DSG Remaps
« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2008, 08:54:09 pm »
I thought it was bad enough just being a member of a forum but a swear it's got far worse being the admin of one  :xmaslaugh: :xmaslaugh:

....I'm pleased to hear, dear boy, that you are accepting your responsibilities as Admin and are prepared to lead the way.

So, ceramics it is then! :evilgrin:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2008, 08:55:37 pm »
New thread split off to save this one going off course too much  :xmaslaugh:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1115.0

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #107 on: December 25, 2008, 10:53:43 am »
Just been out for a Christmas blat with the new map on  :evilgrin:

Only thing compared to their last map is the fact it is so much quicker in the midrange on take up that it is almost impossible in these conditions to get the power down in 2nd !!  The TC was working, well, lets just say lots .....

Is it just the weather or does the older less agressive map suit the DSG better ?

Just a thought those with the new map can perhaps discuss .....

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: December 25, 2008, 12:32:40 pm »
Hello superchips. Tell me. Can a vehicle in south africa obtain your map? that is a standard gti. Not edition thirty. Oh. And wheres tt? not like him to miss a "slate superchip" opportunity. Mike
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #109 on: December 25, 2008, 06:32:08 pm »
Just been out for a Christmas blat with the new map on  :evilgrin:

Only thing compared to their last map is the fact it is so much quicker in the midrange on take up that it is almost impossible in these conditions to get the power down in 2nd !!  The TC was working, well, lets just say lots .....

Is it just the weather or does the older less agressive map suit the DSG better ?

Just a thought those with the new map can perhaps discuss .....

I know what you mean about 2nd gear in wet/greasy conditions, it does feel to start with a bit different and is very easy to light up the front wheels and does require a bit more throtle control, but TBH I don't find it that much worse than before now I have done 1200 miles in various  conditions since the work was completed on my car last week. I also believe the overall drivablity of the new map is better.

The one thing I really like is the removal of the feeling of a pause between gear changes (which I noticed more then realy pushing on between 2nd and 3rd) has gone and the overall acceleratiion is very smooth.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #110 on: December 25, 2008, 07:05:17 pm »
i prefer a bit more power in first and second, the previous map was to reserved for me and didnt feel too strong in 1 & 2, at least now i can go for it if i want, and can control the power with my feet (conditions dependant) and not let the map do it for me  :happy2:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2008, 08:18:21 pm »
^^^ I agree I would rather have the power available for me to decide how/when to use it  :driver:

Offline CocoPops

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 11
    • Kennet Heath
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: December 25, 2008, 08:26:26 pm »
I've not applied the new map yet... Certainly want to tho! Based on what you're saying.
Used to Own: 2008 GTI Ed30 | ITG Intake | Miltek TBE System | Bluefin Stage 2 | 327bhp
On Order: 2017 Golf GTI Performance Pack 5dr DSG
Also own: 2016 Lotus Evora 400

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2008, 10:46:19 am »
Thanks for the replies people ....

The car is spinning in the dry at the moment - but the roads are very cold.... and I am sure I am trying to enjoy it a bit too much  :evilgrin:

Has anyone noticed a slight lull in the acceleration after the initial surge coming in, before it gets going again for the red line ?   

The older map got better and better as revs went up - due to the fact the power got more as it gained revs.  The new map has a much more powerful aggressive surge when coming on boost so I guess my feeling of it going slightly flat is more in my head after the initial rush. 

I may get SC to RR it anyway to see the difference it has made on my car .  It certainly seems to be quicker at extreme revs - which they said could be possible with the removal of the torque limit.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2008, 12:32:36 pm »
I have yet to test mine but initial feel was very good, just need a decent drive to try it in varying condtions

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Ordered Bluefin
« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2008, 05:57:41 pm »
This is the start of a new thread

Decided to take the plunge and ordered Bluefin and took advantage of JKM's xmas offer - plugged this forum too.  Was wondering what I sjould spend the £30 vouchers on.  Anyway, having read many topics on many forums, I can see that Bluefin seem to have turned around their remaps.  I was wondering those of you have bluefined ED30, whether you could post your power run graphs so that I can see.  I just hope it is worth the £390 !!!

Regards,

Gareth
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 09:06:15 pm by Top Cat »

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
Re: Ordered Bluefin
« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2008, 05:59:16 pm »
Verrrrrrrrrry nice!! You will love it!  :smiley: :smiley:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2008, 06:02:55 pm »
i have been reading a lot about remaps with interest and a lot of rubbishing of bluefin with no support and read a great thread on another forum where the myth of reverting to the original map was explained and the pros and cons asscoiated with all of them and think this route may be taken in the new year for me

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2008, 06:10:27 pm »
I'm loving my revised bluefin map :-), it's also nice that superhips send you the updates without you asking too, and they upgrade you to stage 2 for free

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2008, 06:14:40 pm »
Hi Gareth,

I don't think you will be disappointed  :driver:

Unless you looking to buy anything else I would go for a panel filter with the vouchers, if you email JKM (unless they have already dispatched the bluefin) they might be able to exchange the vouchers straight away?