Make a donation

Author Topic: *** All your bluefin/superchips questions and answers in here please.  (Read 123009 times)

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Re: Ordered Bluefin
« Reply #270 on: January 18, 2009, 09:12:44 pm »
I change mine even earlier than that 1st to 2nd as the torque in the mid range combined with the smooth quick change from the DSG makes mine feel like got one long first gear... But woudn't do it with standard map..
Changing at 5500rpm from 1st to 2nd should be ok mate, but after that I would just leave the box to change for you at 6500rpm (or 6250 as it is in real money  :wink:)..
Only my opinion mate, but I serious think you'd be slower if you change at 5500rpm on everychange. But could be wrong, try it?  :laugh:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #271 on: January 18, 2009, 09:19:45 pm »
will do ben. cheers for the coaching oh ob1  :wink:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #272 on: January 18, 2009, 11:28:35 pm »
will do ben. cheers for the coaching oh ob1  :wink:

No worries mate.. Just remember if Joe is ahead of you from the start... "USE THE FORCE"  :jumpmove:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #273 on: January 19, 2009, 10:35:35 am »
What Rev range should i be revving to Ben??, 1st gear i thought best to shift early to stop and wheel hop, the build up from that?

Joes more likely to light up the front wheels with alot more torque, so shifting at 5500rpm, to 2nd would be back to 3800 app, which is still at peak output for the k04?

Just had a butchers at your RR graph Phil..

You car is making power (as a KO4 should) to near enough 6000rpm, so if the DSG shifts at 6250rpm, it should drop you right in the sweet spot of around 4700rpm (where all your power is).. If you changed at 5500rpm, not only would you be shifting before peak power, but it would drop you at the wrong side of 4000-4500rpm IMO..
But as I said, could quite easily be proved wrong..

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
*** All your bluefin/superchips questions and answers in here please.
« Reply #274 on: January 19, 2009, 08:36:02 pm »
Last Friday morning myself and Nath (Greenouse) after getting my car out of the dealers on day release, took a trip down to Superchips HQ in Buckingham for a bit of a shakedown session and to check things out for a possible Rolling Road day down there later on in the year.

It was also a good oportunity to campare two ED30's (one of each gearbox flavor) with very similar mods, these being: -

SteveP (Steel Grey 5 Door - 24K Miles)  -

DSG
Superchips Stage 2 Map
Non-Res Turbo Back Milltek
"Carbonio" Style CAI
ITG Panel Filter

Greenouse (DBP 3 Door - 5K Miles) -

Manual
Superchips Stage 2 Map
Non-Res Turbo Back Milltek
"Carbonio" Style CAI
K&N Panel Filter

Firstly here's a couple of vid's of the wheels in action on the rollers: -

And some pic's of the cars of the rollers: -

On one of the final runs the car was slipping on the rollers near the top of end of the 5th gear so Jamie tried to hold it down a bit  :scared:

That didn't work so Nath had to act as ballast: -

The rollers where literally smoking by the end of the session :rolleye:

The outcome of comparing the cars back to back wasn't a surprise in that the DSG box on mine forcing the change was limiting the peak BHP over the manual on Greenouse's.

But overlaying the graph's on the plasma above the Mah Hah LPS3000 4WD Rollers they use showed the curves where very similar but with a lot more top end on the manual and a slightly better peak torque from the DSG.

They also completed some checks on the fueling and ignition timing and found everything to be running well on both cars.

So here are the graphs: -

So some very big BHP numbers seen from Greenouse's, which did surprise them but as he had previous seen 324BHP on a Dyno Dynamics rollers at Weston Motorsport we are overly surprised to see more on these roller.

Mine was a little down on the BHP over the last run I had there just before Xmas but my car hadn't been used properly for two weeks before this so I wasn't too concerned.

But like all things these are just lottery numbers and I believe I can speak for both of us when saying we are both very happy with the way our cars perform, and are looking forward to the Santa Pod shootout  :driver:

They also tried out a new updated version of the revised 1st and 2nd Gear throttle response map on Greenouse's car but where not happy with the results so will be doing some more work on this before offering this on general release. This is in response to customer feedback about the current version being abit of a handful in 1st and 2nd gears. I may be going back to help with this is in near future 

So a big thanks to Jamie and Dave @ Superchips for taking time to complete the power runs and to explaining all of the dyno output to us. :happy2:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Superchips Shakedown Session for me and Greenouse
« Reply #275 on: January 19, 2009, 08:44:00 pm »
Nice write up mate, stupendous figures  :surprised: :laugh:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #276 on: January 19, 2009, 08:46:04 pm »
Good write-up Steve!

339hp is pretttty good!

Nathan - how is it handling in the recent weather? Lots of wheel hopping and spinning? Mine is going crazy, so I hate to think what your's is like!  :grin: :grin:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 3
  • Oot n By all the Keyboard Warriors
« Reply #277 on: January 19, 2009, 08:49:10 pm »
Really good read :happy2:  and amazed at greenouse's 339bhp :drool:   
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #278 on: January 19, 2009, 09:04:05 pm »
I'm pretty blown away my Nousey's 339bhp. Wonder whether my manual ED30 could reach it?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #279 on: January 19, 2009, 09:11:54 pm »
great read steve, thoroughly enjoyed it!

And you know why Nath's was giving more dont you?

its black! ;)

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #280 on: January 19, 2009, 09:13:26 pm »
great read steve, thoroughly enjoyed it!

And you know why Nath's was giving more dont you?

its black! ;)
I thought it was feckin filthy! Tut tut Mr Greenouse!  :signLOL:

Offline burnett_gti

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #281 on: January 19, 2009, 09:15:05 pm »
nice write up  some good reading

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #282 on: January 19, 2009, 09:16:12 pm »
Good write-up Steve!

339hp is pretttty good!

Nathan - how is it handling in the recent weather? Lots of wheel hopping and spinning? Mine is going crazy, so I hate to think what your's is like!  :grin: :grin:

Not really Chris if Im honest mate, it wasn't great with the other wheels on but now Iv'e put the Huff's back on with brand new tyres it's ALOT better!  :wink:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #283 on: January 19, 2009, 09:22:03 pm »
Good write-up Steve!

339hp is pretttty good!

Not really Chris if Im honest mate, it wasn't great with the other wheels on but now Iv'e put the Huff's back on with brand new tyres it's ALOT better!  :wink:

Oh!  :chicken: :chicken:

Maybe your map is more progressive with the boost than mine. That sounds really good and usable in this weather! At the pod meet, can you take me for a quick spin? (obviously weather/time etc permitting)  :smiley: :smiley:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #284 on: January 19, 2009, 09:25:14 pm »
Good write-up Steve!

339hp is pretttty good!

Oh!  :chicken: :chicken:

Maybe your map is more progressive with the boost than mine. That sounds really good and usable in this weather! At the pod meet, can you take me for a quick spin? (obviously weather/time etc permitting)  :smiley: :smiley:

No problemo dude  :happy2: