Make a donation

Author Topic: *** All your bluefin/superchips questions and answers in here please.  (Read 123007 times)

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
a review of stage one bluefin please?
« Reply #330 on: February 03, 2009, 05:32:59 pm »
hi guys as title says im looking to get myself a bluefin next weekend so was just wondering if anyone has a review of it?!

mitch

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: a review of stage one bluefin please?
« Reply #331 on: February 03, 2009, 06:05:53 pm »
what do you want to know ?, car is allot quicker, still smooth and fuel is unaffected imo , i dont regret mine  :happy2:

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #332 on: February 03, 2009, 06:28:41 pm »
well any problems ect? mpg? what did you have to upgrade once you had done this?

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #333 on: February 03, 2009, 06:35:17 pm »
What year is your car Mitch?

Normally people replace the diverter valve when remapping - as the OEM part is prone to failure when remapped. If your car is newer then you may be able to get away without replacing it because VW slightly changed the design.

Quite a few people on here have Bluefin, so they should be around soon to help you out. Do a little search, there have been a few topics on here discussing bluefin, and some tiny problems that people have had - although I think thats more to do with the Edition 30, as opposed to a GTI.
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #334 on: February 03, 2009, 06:37:14 pm »
well any problems ect? mpg? what did you have to upgrade once you had done this?

actually, i have a Edition 30, whats yours ?

ps, my mpg is fine, and no issues here

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #335 on: February 03, 2009, 06:38:50 pm »
mines a 05 bud so im guesing being one of the first it will need replacing? i may just buy the forge one when i get my bluefin just to be on the safe side, mine is a normal GTI

mitch

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #336 on: February 03, 2009, 06:52:13 pm »
Ahh, not fair me doing a comparison then

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #337 on: February 03, 2009, 07:00:13 pm »
Yeah a Forge one would do fine, or you could buy the latest revision from VW, which is a 'g' (sorry don't know the part number), which so far seems to be ok.

2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #338 on: February 03, 2009, 07:03:25 pm »
go with the forge one, its pritty hard to fit yourself, (not hard sorry................. stupidly awkward!!!)  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #339 on: February 03, 2009, 07:55:14 pm »
Admittedly on an Edition 30 .... but I am very happy with my Bluefin remap - and no problems to date at all.  No real difference in mpg, just more power and driveability ..... and being able to turn back to completely standard if I want is a real bonus.  Easy. to use and good backup from Superchips customer service in answering my stupid questions  :laugh:

Search and you can see comments from me previously - albeit, as I say, it's for an Edition 30.

Offline madman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #340 on: February 03, 2009, 08:13:55 pm »
You will love it mate. I have a 56 plate gti and its off to the stealers tomorrow so the bluefin is off now as its of for a sirvce. They told me there is going to be a update done to the car when its in. Mpg is the same and the drive is a smile and a half. You will see alot of differnce in all gears :happy2:

Offline mike.

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #341 on: February 03, 2009, 09:39:37 pm »
Excellent forum guys. Just found it.  :happy2:

Had Bluefin on my DSG GTI for two years now.

Absolutely no problems, excellent support from Superchips and still running the factory DV. Car is early 2005.
Find I am hardly ever near the redline as there is so much torque, you can just shortshift gears and leave most things behind.
Economy under normal driving much the same, under spirited driving...well who cares  :evilgrin:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #342 on: February 04, 2009, 09:09:47 am »
I've had Revo on all my old cars and was all prepared for having it again, but this new car came with a Bluefin and I decided to keep it for a while to see what I thought of it - it's excellent and I have absolutely no desire to swap it.

Maybe if I was interested in messing around with all the custom settings on Revo, I might sway to that side, but for a common or garden stage one there's nothing in it.

Nice linear power for the DSG, with the torque coming in a bit later than on other maps, which personally I prefer.. but it pulls like a train, puts out 245/280 bhp/lbft and no difference in fuel economy.

Fantastic customer service, constant program to revise and impove the maps (all done online) and does what it says on the tin.

:happy2:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 09:16:50 am by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #343 on: February 04, 2009, 09:20:23 am »
^^thats interesting to hear  :happy2:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #344 on: February 04, 2009, 09:40:11 am »
Revo & Superchips are both excellent, I rate GIAC too.

My 'man who does' is a Revo dealer and he's driven my car a lot - says it's different, in that Revo has a big lump of early torque compared to my map.. but it's no better or worse, just different. He certainly didn't recommend swapping it (how many people taking your money would say that?)

You can of course ask both companies to tailor a map to your needs, Revo altered the map for my 150PD to drop the torque and protect my clutch just by simply asking. Superchips have been working very closely with people on here to tweak theirs, so it isn't a difficult process. Speak to them all and get what suits you best.

So long as you go somewhere decent, all stage 1's are equal if a little different IMO. Just avoid the "lessers" - you get what you pay for.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 09:43:59 am by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!