Make a donation

Author Topic: *** All your bluefin/superchips questions and answers in here please.  (Read 123263 times)

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: superchips map download , just had a text message??
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2008, 09:31:06 pm »
well here is my issue, since the last upgrade I always thought it felt a little slower in the low gears, so I'm now a little concerned they gave me the dsg map, I guess I'm ranting a bit, but 3 hours trying to download the map and bottles of kopparberg just don't seem to mix  :jumping:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2008, 09:35:26 pm »
well here is my issue, since the last upgrade I always thought it felt a little slower in the low gears, so I'm now a little concerned they gave me the dsg map, I guess I'm ranting a bit, but 3 hours trying to download the map and bottles of kopparberg just don't seem to mix  :jumping:

:grin:  I can tell i dont think i have ever seen your eyebrows raise on here. if you have the wrong map a few more days wont make much difference it is a safer map anyhow i believe.
I am also on the same pear cider and its making me go the opposite way.  :grin: it does make my cheeks flush though for some strange reason.  :ashamed:

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2008, 09:50:06 pm »
if you have a firewall or internet security package on your  :fighting2: disable them may help?

GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2008, 06:19:05 am »
hmm, well tried it after i got up this morning and its now updated, god knows with what though  :laugh:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2008, 08:04:01 am »
Well had an email from Bluefin this morning 7.45 am  :happy2: , they have just ensured i now have the correct map for a stage 1 non DSG car, the same config as a car they did last week apparently , i just emailed them to ask if the DSG cars use the same map as the non DSG too, i feel better for knowing all is ok  :happy2:

email below
Morning

Do you have any anti-virus/firewalls active?  If so please turn them off.  Also if you’re running Vista please log in as the administrator and then run the bluefin software in Windows Compatibility mode.

If this still doesn’t work please go to TOOLS -> read original and this will save a copy of your original to your C:\ drive which you can email through and I can reply with the upgraded file.

We had you listed as a DSG file so this will now effectively convert you to the manual conversion so you will notice a big increase in the low down torque.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2008, 08:09:53 am »
the reply about the DSG/Manual question  :happy2:

Ahh know what you mean there ;).  The original calibration read from a manual or DSG car is exactly the same but up until last weeks testings they had different re-maps.  However they now have the same re-map irrespective of gearbox type.

Hope this helps.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2008, 08:48:21 am »
What a ball ache eh...  :scared: Hope it's all sorted though Shaun. You need to go out today and give her a good thrashing and let us know what it's like.. (I'm talking about the car by the way  :grin:)

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2008, 09:08:48 am »
I got an early version of their revised vanilla GTI DSG map a few months back based on a VWR map (I believe). I was massively impressed when swapping it for the existing one, it was like night and day. The power delivery is nice and linear and there's no initial shove of torque down the low end.. just a nice controlled delivery which is great for corner exits and the like as you get the power down better.

I wait with baited breath if they're going to improve it!

Here's my RR graph, it hasn't been smoothed properly though.

Sideways yo!

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2008, 09:09:52 am »
OK folks, got it loaded on and just been for a drive,  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:, well they have definitely given it the low down torque back, very happy with it at the moment, and will be testing it further later  :xmasrolleyes:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2008, 09:12:43 am »
Glad to hear you got it sorted Shaun  :driver:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2008, 09:36:51 am »
yeh very pleased, i also asked Superchips to sign up and perhaps quash some rumours/ myths too  :happy2:

This is the end of this thread and below is a new one                               
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 04:17:57 pm by Top Cat »

Offline Superchips

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Superchips
    • Email
Superchips ED30 / DSG Remaps
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2008, 10:13:59 am »
Hi Guys, first post :laugh: I have been invited on by 182_blue to explain recent developments.

Up until recently we had a different remap for ED30 with DSG gearboxes. This was primarily not to protect the gearbox but to avoid the torque limit which would ultimately limit top end power also. We have now altered this limit so we can run the same power and torque on manual and DSG cars.

Further to the above we have found that we can gain even more poer on the ED30 with a good quality exhaust. This has become known as level 2.

We have revisited the whole of the 2.0TFSI range and have found that we can also affer a level 2 on a regular GTI with a good quality exhaust system.

If  you have not been contacted and feel you should have been please email files@superchips.co.uk with your bluefin serial number and advise what level of tune you require.

Power curves for all levels should be available on www.superchips.co.uk today.

Additionally, our 20% offer has been a great success and I am pleased to anounce that we are extending this offer through January 2009. Stocks are limited but we will honour this price even if we are unable to supply immediately.

Lastly a note on Superchips' forum policy. Our staff are not generally permitted to enter into online debate as we believe a forum is for enthusiasts to enjoy and discuss opinions openly without influence of those with self promotion or commercial intersts at heart. We will always answer PM's or emails and obviously telephone enquiries with pleasure.

:xmassmiley: I wish you all a very Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.

Jamie Turvey, Technical Director. Superchips Ltd

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
Re: Superchips ED30 / DSG Remaps
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2008, 10:18:52 am »
Welcome to the forum, thanks for coming on to explain, also thanks to you and your staff (especially Michael who contacted me and sorted me out 7.45am today  8) , top service that )

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2008, 10:22:35 am »
welcome Jamie i have sent you a non golf realted query :)

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2008, 10:23:45 am »
welcome on board, good to have you on here  :happy2:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD