Make a donation

Author Topic: *** All your bluefin/superchips questions and answers in here please.  (Read 120783 times)

Offline cossy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 4
  • 57 REG ED30 5325 MILES!
Re: *** All your bluefin/superchips questions and answers in here please.
« Reply #495 on: April 16, 2009, 07:07:51 pm »
When you plug the Bluefin in there is an options or similar coming up along with program Bluefin.

Would this give me fault codes etc or is it not used?

Many thanks :smiley:

Offline cossy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #496 on: April 20, 2009, 10:00:10 am »
When you plug the Bluefin in there is an options or similar coming up along with program Bluefin.

Would this give me fault codes etc or is it not used?

Many thanks :smiley:

Put a low power map on the weekend & as the options came up on the handset thought I would enter it.

Came up do you want to read DPM or similiar so I said yes & it came back with no codes reported?

Does this make sense?

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #497 on: April 23, 2009, 07:39:25 pm »
BF or Revo, decision time!

On my last MK5 GTI (05 reg, manual) I ran Revo stage 1 (no other mods) for 3+ years and was very happy with it.  Having recently bought an ED30 (08 reg, manual) I am now debating whether to get BF or Revo.  I will not be doing any other performance mods to my car, so stage 1 is fine. 

Given the difference in price - £390 for BF v £573 for Revo, I can't think of any reason for sticking with Revo - IMO they seem to be pricing themselves out of the market?  Is it true that a BF can be reset by Superchips so it can be sold on, once I have sold the car?  If so, that's another reason to buy the BF.  Weighing it up, the BF seems to be winning.

One point I'm not sure about - when the car goes into the dealer for servicing (having previously returned the car to the stock programme) and they reflash the ecu, I know that the BF will re-insert the tuned programme, but what happens to the updated stock programme that the dealer has put in?  Presumably if I re-insert the stock programme from the BF it will overwrite the dealer updated stock proramme, which is then lost?

Finally, am I missing something with Revo (no further mods and I don't want play with the settings)?  If not, BF it is!

Thanks. TT.

Offline cossy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #498 on: April 24, 2009, 04:15:50 pm »

On my last MK5 GTI (05 reg, manual) I ran Revo stage 1 (no other mods) for 3+ years and was very happy with it.  Having recently bought an ED30 (08 reg, manual) I am now debating whether to get BF or Revo.  I will not be doing any other performance mods to my car, so stage 1 is fine. 

Given the difference in price - £390 for BF v £573 for Revo, I can't think of any reason for sticking with Revo - IMO they seem to be pricing themselves out of the market?  Is it true that a BF can be reset by Superchips so it can be sold on, once I have sold the car?  If so, that's another reason to buy the BF.  Weighing it up, the BF seems to be winning.

One point I'm not sure about - when the car goes into the dealer for servicing (having previously returned the car to the stock programme) and they reflash the ecu, I know that the BF will re-insert the tuned programme, but what happens to the updated stock programme that the dealer has put in?  Presumably if I re-insert the stock programme from the BF it will overwrite the dealer updated stock proramme, which is then lost?

Finally, am I missing something with Revo (no further mods and I don't want play with the settings)?  If not, BF it is!

Thanks. TT.

Bluefin all the way

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #499 on: April 30, 2009, 04:56:25 pm »

Thanks. TT.

Trev, If the dealer does re-flash the ecu you can speak to SC and they will re-write your map for you FOC. You will need to perform the same operation you do when you recieve a new handset, i.e. send them the 'standard' ECU map!  :happy2:

They really are a great company to deal with and I can't recommend them enough. HTH  :drinking:

Offline maxwell

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #500 on: May 28, 2009, 11:35:44 am »
Well ordered my BluFin yesterday around 3pm .. arrived today about 9am, very happy as the delivery was free aswell... i will  post up again once the map is on etc  :jumping: :jumping:

Offline maxwell

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #501 on: May 29, 2009, 08:11:25 am »
Just a quickie.. last night about 8pm ish i uploaded my map to superchips.. within less than 3 minutes i got a text saying my map was ready. Does this sound normal?? Just thought it would take abit longer thats all

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #502 on: May 29, 2009, 08:13:16 am »
It just means that they have seen your code before and have something off the shelf. :smiley:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
Re: Temp bluefin
« Reply #503 on: May 29, 2009, 09:41:44 pm »
I'm looking forward to running at Superchips after I found this.

Offline CocoPops

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 11
    • Kennet Heath
    • Email
« Reply #504 on: May 29, 2009, 09:46:09 pm »

My JKM graph... (326 @ S'Chips)

Used to Own: 2008 GTI Ed30 | ITG Intake | Miltek TBE System | Bluefin Stage 2 | 327bhp
On Order: 2017 Golf GTI Performance Pack 5dr DSG
Also own: 2016 Lotus Evora 400

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #505 on: May 29, 2009, 09:47:30 pm »

This doesn't make sense to me, this was my stage 1 SC map which when logged was proved to have some issues with the timing and was holding back: -

This was with just ITG filter and no Milltek  :confused:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #506 on: May 29, 2009, 10:03:29 pm »
The dyno printout I found was with Milltek TBE and S3 cooler. :wink:

I understand it goes quite well.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #507 on: May 29, 2009, 10:05:24 pm »
That be someone's grey one then  :wink:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #508 on: May 29, 2009, 10:08:21 pm »
Could be Steve. :laugh:

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #509 on: June 05, 2009, 09:27:41 pm »
Are those JKM graphs showing power at the wheels or is it an adjusted flywheel figure ??

I thought a standard stage 1 remapped ED30 was good for 300 ish BHP and 330+ lb/ft torque  ??
Octavia Vrs MKII - KO4, forge twintercooler, S3 Injectors, APR HPFP, RS4 FP Valve, Pipeworx 3'' DP and Sports cat, Piper non res exhuast, ITG Maxogen, Quaife Dif, sachs clutch kit, NQSBBBK with RS4-2 pads, H&R SS Coilovers with adjustable koni inserts.
Good for 328 BHP on JKM's rollers !!