Make a donation

Author Topic: *** All your bluefin/superchips questions and answers in here please.  (Read 120778 times)

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: Superchips ED30 / DSG Remaps
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2008, 11:34:00 am »
I was really surprised the difference the full TB Milltek made, just on the original stage 1 map peak HP went from 303 to 320bhp  :happy2:

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2008, 12:03:13 pm »
Out of interest is the superchips software only compatible with windows or can it be used with a mac?

Luke
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2008, 12:14:24 pm »

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2008, 12:20:14 pm »
I have read this and other threads with much interest.
Part of the appeal for me with Bluefin was the fact that as well as being convenient the map looked quite conservative with a good, strong, flat torque curve as seen on Cocopops car at JKM yesterday.

So as a potential Bluefin customer where does that leave me?
Would this still be covered by what is called Stage 1 or have I missed something?

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2008, 12:25:06 pm »
sh*t the bed, looks like it might be ruling superchips out of the equation then being as though the windows laptop decided that it would kill itself last night.

Take it a large number of people on here are running bluefin? Just I'm torn in between Revo and Superchips, I know Revo offers a sort of tailor made map how ever the current price of the bluefin unit is hard to ignore but generic maps put a bit of a downer on it for me.

Sorry for thread jacking.

Luke

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2008, 12:30:41 pm »
sh*t the bed, looks like it might be ruling superchips out of the equation then being as though the windows laptop decided that it would kill itself last night.

Take it a large number of people on here are running bluefin? Just I'm torn in between Revo and Superchips, I know Revo offers a sort of tailor made map how ever the current price of the bluefin unit is hard to ignore but generic maps put a bit of a downer on it for me.

Sorry for thread jacking.

Luke

no need to ditch the idea, you can post them the unit and they will post it back to you , ps the normal Revo is no more tailor made than the Bluefin , and superchips will do custom jpbs too

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2008, 12:31:26 pm »
I have read this and other threads with much interest.
Part of the appeal for me with Bluefin was the fact that as well as being convenient the map looked quite conservative with a good, strong, flat torque curve as seen on Cocopops car at JKM yesterday.

So as a potential Bluefin customer where does that leave me?
Would this still be covered by what is called Stage 1 or have I missed something?

what mods do you have ?, ps im on Stage 1 and this map is very good  :happy2:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2008, 12:34:51 pm »
Out of interest is the superchips software only compatible with windows or can it be used with a mac?

Luke

Hi Luke,

I would expect you can still use something like VmWare Fusion or Parallels to run XP on a Mac, that's what i did for the likes on my old Road Angel that required Win XP for the updates  :happy2:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2008, 12:36:37 pm »

Nothing. Its a vanilla, virgin ED30 with DSG at the moment. :smiley:

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2008, 12:37:32 pm »
ahh thought that they were very much off the shelf sort of stuff and and didn't allow any sort or room for tinkering. May have to see what the funds are like in a couple of days when all of the bills have gone out etc. Do like the idea of being able to re-set the map to the default settings :).

Cheers for the help, Luke

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2008, 12:49:58 pm »
ahh thought that they were very much off the shelf sort of stuff and and didn't allow any sort or room for tinkering. May have to see what the funds are like in a couple of days when all of the bills have gone out etc. Do like the idea of being able to re-set the map to the default settings :).

Cheers for the help, Luke

Luke,

Just so theres no confusion you can't directly alter the setting of the map with the bluefin like you can with the Revo select plus switch, but there are options available to get different maps from Superchips if you add additional mods like a TB Exhaust.

I always thought of these as "generic" maps but there are really maps that are tailored/optimised for the car.

At the current price I think you are getting a lot for your money and not believe you would be disappointed.  :driver:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2008, 12:53:48 pm »

Nothing. Its a vanilla, virgin ED30 with DSG at the moment. :smiley:

The original map I had on mine with the DSG was very smooth and progressive and suited the DSG box really well, I would highly recommend it.

The only trouble is the draw to putting a milltek on it afterwards will be very big as the gains this unlocked on mine where very very nice  :rolleye:

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2008, 12:59:13 pm »
I completely understand what your saying, the only slight limitation that I have towards them is that when I spoke to them on the phone they were slightly oblivious to the issues with the fuel pump where as with revo the first thing that they stated is that anything around 250BHP ish would start to strain the HP fuel pump but superchips seemed to be oblivious to this, I'm not saying that they haven't taken it into consideration and haven't taken into account these tolerances with the map but I just don't fancy putting any substantial strain on any components.

Sorry for me being so skeptical about the maps I just work with things which have to set up near perfect and if any components etc fail from stress its not worth thinking about, I'm just very pessimistic towards tunings.

Luke

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2008, 01:05:28 pm »
Luke, first thing they said to me was I'd be limited by the pump... so I think they are aware, did you ask or just expect them to tell you?

I've had both on various cars and I rate them both highly. You'll be fine with whichever you choose.
Sideways yo!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2008, 01:10:14 pm »
The original map I had on mine with the DSG was very smooth and progressive and suited the DSG box really well, I would highly recommend it.

Thats what I want but can I still get it. :confused:

The only trouble is the draw to putting a milltek on it afterwards will be very big as the gains this unlocked on mine where very very nice  :rolleye:

I understand however I could just add a Milltek and not change the map.  :wink: