Make a donation

Author Topic: *** All your bluefin/superchips questions and answers in here please.  (Read 120784 times)

Offline tautvydasv

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: *** All your bluefin/superchips questions and answers in here please.
« Reply #510 on: June 06, 2009, 02:39:40 pm »
Superchips are claiming much more than they give. Today I did dyno runs with pirelli edition dsg golf. Firstly with stage 2 software however mine is with reduced turbo boost till ~1.3bar, due to fueling issue. After seeing the result(bluefin modas), I asked for another dyno run with stage 1 software(bluefin stage 1). The result I saw, was  :fighting:  Then I though maybe there is something wrong with my car, so I uploaded standart software and did a run. Numbers were like in catalogue (orig).

To add, we have two same cars. Both of them run bluefin, both of them run the same. We did couple of roll on runing. So for sure both cars are in good shape, as they perform identically. And they are pretty new, around 10months old, we received them in  august,2008.

All runs were done in 6th gear. Any ideas ? Why I am having such small numbers?

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9545/dynobluefin.jpg
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 06:03:39 pm by tautvydasv »

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #511 on: June 06, 2009, 10:57:43 pm »
Welcome to the forum :happy2:

I have a question for you.

Did you do the dyno runs straight after uploading each of the maps?

The reason I am asking is that it can take time for the ECU to adapt to the map and you will not see the best figures for a while after the car has been mapped. So swapping two or three times in a day will simply confuse the adaptation of the ECU.
Golf R gone.

Offline tautvydasv

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #512 on: June 06, 2009, 11:25:19 pm »
Thank you for your reply.
1st run was with stage2 program, that had been in the car for ~1000-2000km. The result was 277hp max.

Then I have uploaded stage 1 program, that I have been using for like 5months. Then we did a pull.

After that I have uploaded stock, also without adaption. However it did its job :D Also I have questioned that guy at dyno stand, he said that adaptio usually does not make a lot of difference.

Talking about adaptation in my practise difference after it is very small less than 10hp. (before this car I had golf gti 1.8t, audi a3 1.8t, bmw 330d all of them I have modded)

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #513 on: June 07, 2009, 12:26:44 am »
One thing I have noticed is that you are quoting hp. Are you quoting power at the wheels or at the flywheel?

Superchips figures are based on flywheel figures.

Golf R gone.

Offline tautvydasv

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #514 on: June 07, 2009, 08:00:57 am »
ÃŒt is flywheel.

With original program it has 235 hp after stage1 software only +15hp..

Edit:

Well Superchips are silent for two days. What can this mean?
Frankly speaking any kind of explanation would be appreciated. As many of you who have done dynos, all of them were done at SC. It is very hard to find any that were done elsewhere.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 02:42:27 pm by tautvydasv »

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #515 on: June 09, 2009, 09:04:01 pm »
^^^ You will find some more superchips dyno plots here - http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/GalleryRollingroad.htm

These are from a Dyno Dynamics Rolling Road.  :happy2:

Offline tautvydasv

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #516 on: June 10, 2009, 07:51:17 pm »
The one that I did was with vtech inertial dynamometer.

Last year I was doing a run with dastec dynamometer (with brakes), then I have managed better numbers.

Dyno Dynamics is this dynamometer inertial or with brakes?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 08:14:31 pm by tautvydasv »

Offline haithame

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #517 on: June 11, 2009, 04:02:53 pm »
Guys...if i want to return my bluefin back what should i do?
for me superships sucks....bad customer support bad product....everything about them suck
i regret every penny i spent on this bluefin sh*t
since i upgraded to stage 2 i had nothing but troubles and i'm trying to contact them again to give me an appropriate file, they are telling me to wait till Micheal Alvey comes from his vacation...what kind of companies is that??!!! i have never seen such a sh*tty customer support
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:07:28 am by haithame »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #518 on: June 12, 2009, 08:02:57 am »
Superchips are claiming much more than they give. Today I did dyno runs with pirelli edition dsg golf. Firstly with stage 2 software however mine is with reduced turbo boost till ~1.3bar, due to fueling issue. After seeing the result(bluefin modas), I asked for another dyno run with stage 1 software(bluefin stage 1). The result I saw, was  :fighting:  Then I though maybe there is something wrong with my car, so I uploaded standart software and did a run. Numbers were like in catalogue (orig).

To add, we have two same cars. Both of them run bluefin, both of them run the same. We did couple of roll on runing. So for sure both cars are in good shape, as they perform identically. And they are pretty new, around 10months old, we received them in  august,2008.

All runs were done in 6th gear. Any ideas ? Why I am having such small numbers?

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9545/dynobluefin.jpg

I was always under the impression that dyno runs were best done in 4th gear as it gave the best spread of power, that could be your problem. my bluefin stage 1 gave me 241bhp, 249Ibft on a well renowned rolling road, and i have seen other with similar results.

Also bluefin remaps require a small time period to bed in for the ecu to adapt completely.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:04:32 am by simonskerton »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #519 on: June 12, 2009, 08:13:00 am »
how many people have had stage 2 bluefin on a ko3 GTI. I cant seem to find any Dyno printouts of them :ashamed:. can someone provide me a link please to see what sort of output i can expect.

I have just purchased a de-cat exhaust for mine, and superchips have uploaded thier stage 2 DeCat specific file to my handset.

They think there will be no difference in output between the 200cell stage 2 map and the stage 2 DeCat map, but i cant see that as correct. surely with less restriction more power and torque will be available.

When i have the exhaust fitted i wil be sure to get a write up on here

Offline haithame

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #520 on: June 12, 2009, 08:16:28 am »
how many people have had stage 2 bluefin on a ko3 GTI. I cant seem to find any Dyno printouts of them :ashamed:. can someone provide me a link please to see what sort of output i can expect.

I have just purchased a de-cat exhaust for mine, and superchips have uploaded thier stage 2 DeCat specific file to my handset.

They think there will be no difference in output between the 200cell stage 2 map and the stage 2 DeCat map, but i cant see that as correct. surely with less restriction more power and torque will be available.

When i have the exhaust fitted i wil be sure to get a write up on here

that is the problem...they dont know what they are talking about
i have a recommendation for you...bring a vagcom because with bluefin stage 2 file, be prepared for problems and they wont be able to solve any

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #521 on: June 12, 2009, 10:58:36 am »
that is the problem...they dont know what they are talking about
i have a recommendation for you...bring a vagcom because with bluefin stage 2 file, be prepared for problems and they wont be able to solve any

what experience has caused you to think this.

i would have thought they wouldnt get any issues as they provide all the maps for VWRacing(although they are prob custom) but still, the hardware is still the same.

According to SC the only difference between the stg 2 decat and the stg 2 200 Cell Cat maps is the code that stops CELs flashing on the dash.

They havent tried to release extra power from the use of the DeCat. However i think it will give a slight increase probably right at the top of rev range.

is yours the ed 30 or 200ps gti
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 11:00:59 am by simonskerton »

Offline haithame

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #522 on: June 12, 2009, 11:09:59 am »
what experience has caused you to think this.

i would have thought they wouldnt get any issues as they provide all the maps for VWRacing(although they are prob custom) but still, the hardware is still the same.

According to SC the only difference between the stg 2 decat and the stg 2 200 Cell Cat maps is the code that stops CELs flashing on the dash.

They havent tried to release extra power from the use of the DeCat. However i think it will give a slight increase probably right at the top of rev range.

is yours the ed 30 or 200ps gti

i have the 200ps GTI. check the attached link, you will get to know the whole story

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82165

Offline haithame

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #523 on: June 12, 2009, 12:07:17 pm »

Well Superchips are silent for two days. What can this mean?

they are not answering any emails and i dont know whats going on with these ppl
not answering emails regarding files or complains or whatever....
please guys...anyone here who has a close contact to them, please let us know what to do
this is a SCAM

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #524 on: June 12, 2009, 12:10:15 pm »
I have been trading emails daily with them reference the decat remap. and they have been answering within a day each time. try ringing they cant get out of it then.