Make a donation

Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 38648 times)

Offline FJ1000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 48
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101205.0.html
Re: Brexit
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2016, 08:47:40 pm »
Stat of the day:

In the past 2 trading days, I make the taxpayer's loss on RBS (of which we own 73%) a cool £8.9bn. On one position.

Nice one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 Golf Gti DSG | Leather Wingbacks | Xenons | VWR Springs | Tinted Windows | 18" Audi Speedlines |

Offline FJ1000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2016, 08:54:45 pm »
It's more like 250 Million after rebate (13 Billion p/a)... but it's a chunk of cash, and even if the NHS doesn't get all of it (which I never thought it would) even a 1/4 of it; 50 Million a week is going to help A LOT.

Left in the EU we would have been bullied into TTIP (Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership) : One of the main aims of TTIP is to open up Europe’s public health, education and water services to US Private companies!! NO thanks.
Also, Food standards as Horatio said to be inline with US (meaning LOWER), more here

It's just a shame that we don't have strong leadership at the time we need it most.

Most economists put our GDP loss from BREXIT  at 3% to 4%. A mild recession by the turn of the year.

The NHS will have less money, not more.

Sorry, I forgot, we don't care about experts! What do they know eh? Bo-Jo and frog face know better than anyone, right? I mean the experts said GBP would lose 10 to 20%...oh, wait...

2007 Golf Gti DSG | Leather Wingbacks | Xenons | VWR Springs | Tinted Windows | 18" Audi Speedlines |

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2016, 09:31:15 pm »
Bound to happen. Uncertainty after all.

Worst case... lose a MAX 1% GDP....
HOWEVER, now we have a Free market to the rest of the world (previously denied by EU partnership) we have an extra 10% GDP to gain, yikes, BIG money to come our way, through deals we can actually control!

Hope the Netherlands keep to their promise and vote out, then EU is gone, as well it should be, the smaller countries CANNOT be supported by the hard work of others.
We cannot be governed behind closed doors, what's the point of voting IN our UK Government, to only be truly controlled from Outside, without any real say.

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2016, 09:51:20 pm »
WTF, well it seems England are OUT twice in one Month, to f*cking Iceland, just sh*te.

Offline grey golfster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edition 30 # 993; Stage 2 n a bit....
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2016, 10:09:25 pm »
Somebody please put Rooney, Hodgson and the rest of the feckwits out of their misery now...please!!!

Am Retreating into endless Glasto  reruns/highlights now ....at least we can lead Europe, if not the world, in something?

Offline FJ1000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2016, 10:33:47 pm »

Worst case... lose a MAX 1% GDP....
HOWEVER, now we have a Free market to the rest of the world (previously denied by EU partnership) we have an extra 10% GDP to gain, yikes, BIG money to come our way, through deals we can actually control!

Where on earth do you get your "information" from?

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2016, 10:40:47 pm »
Somebody please put Rooney, Hodgson and the rest of the feckwits out of their misery now...please!!!

Am Retreating into endless Glasto  reruns/highlights now ....at least we can lead Europe, if not the world, in something?

Crazy display, after 3 minutes in I was feeling sorry for Iceland... after 5 minutes it was all down hill :(

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2016, 10:46:09 pm »
Wether you voted in or out.....

Rant mode on...

The entire fiasco was, and continues to be,  a half-@rsed, half-baked ego-fest, orchestrated by a bunch of self-serving w@nkers!
What a painfully divisive mess we have all been saddled with

The simple numbers for me are that it will take months of  extra work to make up what was robbed off my pension (yet again!).
And to cap it all it will be even more expensive to holiday on bl00dy Greece  (which actually is bankrupt!)  this September, than it was in May! WTF?

Rant off...
What the heck do you wanna go to Greece for anyway? It'll be full of those nasty Europeans.

Stay in the Little Britain, with yer handkerchief on yer head, yer import trousers rolled up (while you can get em) with a nice cool Wall's Choc Ice, an some greasy chips (even put some curry sauce on if you wanna be really daring and ethnic)  and spend yer sterling where it belongs - FFS we need the money here, that's for sure.

You'll be being independent, safe in the knowledge that yer country will come to no harm completely ok in  hands of the 'ever so' knowledgeable expert electorate. No wucking furries. Blackpool / Yarmouth / Rhyl here you go! The lights will be on soon :smiley: Well - at least they'll be on somewhere, even if no one is in  :doh:

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 10:51:18 pm by Juliand »

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2016, 12:25:29 am »
... in  hands of the 'ever so' knowledgeable expert electorate.

At least we get to choose those in charge every now and then!  When was the last time you voted someone in for the EU regiments?
IF TTIP was signed whilst a member of the EU we would have f*ck all say (sorry 1 in 28, and 18+ of those wanting to abide by Brussels to remain solvent!!!!); if it is signed with UK out of the EU, then we can vote those electorate out; choices!

LEAVE is short term hard, long term WAY better for the UK.

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=hehu8gdc7jo7omqvfq3migshph&/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2016, 01:03:38 am »
WTF, well it seems England are OUT twice in one Month, to f*cking Iceland, just sh*te.
Come on Wales  :scared1:

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2016, 07:18:31 am »

This!!!  :signLOL:
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2016, 08:07:51 am »

At least we get to choose those in charge every now and then!  When was the last time you voted someone in for the EU regiments?

The May 2014 European Parliament Elections

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2016, 10:35:04 am »

You're not voting directly though are you, it's so convoluted and corrupt, it's more akin to the European song contest, where everyone hates the UK.

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2016, 10:36:54 am »

This!!!  :signLOL:

This thrice... Wish Wales had Iceland over Belgium though, eek.

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2016, 02:59:48 pm »

You're not voting directly though are you, it's so convoluted and corrupt, it's more akin to the European song contest, where everyone hates the UK.

Yes you are. The European Parliament is directly elected. It's where Cameron is today