Make a donation

Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 38671 times)

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: Brexit
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2016, 10:56:16 pm »

Most of the people who were scare mongering about how we will be shunned once outside of the EU have already done a complete U turn and said they can't wait yo deal with us.

What? Examples please...

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=09lu29j85rff4dgpkkjn917q2e&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2016, 11:12:22 pm »

Inflation will rise, interest rates will increase, holidays abroad will cost more, inward investment to the UK will decline, exports will cost more, affecting Uk businesses,  Housebuilding will slow , as so many of the big developers names have lost value in their companies, so house prices will continue to escalate, and the banks have lost billions, so who will pay that bill? A Great day for the Independant UK! Top marks....

So the remaining EU countries put a levy on EU holidays.... Which would reduce the amount of tourists.... Which would damage THEIR economies... Nope... I dont think they will do that.

Offline FJ1000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 48
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101205.0.html
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2016, 12:25:53 am »

Inflation will rise, interest rates will increase, holidays abroad will cost more, inward investment to the UK will decline, exports will cost more, affecting Uk businesses,  Housebuilding will slow , as so many of the big developers names have lost value in their companies, so house prices will continue to escalate, and the banks have lost billions, so who will pay that bill? A Great day for the Independant UK! Top marks....

So the remaining EU countries put a levy on EU holidays.... Which would reduce the amount of tourists.... Which would damage THEIR economies... Nope... I dont think they will do that.

You're missing the point - as GBP loses value, any purchase in a foreign currency becomes more expensive.

Most analysis I've read sees Stirling falling 20% to 30% vs the dollar, a little less vs the euro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 Golf Gti DSG | Leather Wingbacks | Xenons | VWR Springs | Tinted Windows | 18" Audi Speedlines |

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=09lu29j85rff4dgpkkjn917q2e&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2016, 12:35:30 am »
The dip in gbp is temporary.

Offline FJ1000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2016, 12:46:12 am »

The thing I disagree with though is that your children are at risk because if anything they will reap the rewards. There will be sh*t but that's coming now and for the next few years, in the long term without the restrictions and red tape provided by the EU we can flourish and do better than ever.

Most of the people who were scare mongering about how we will be shunned once outside of the EU have already done a complete U turn and said they can't wait yo deal with us.

The thing about those regulations is that the evidence is that they're actually a net positive.

Think about it. In a market of of 28 separate countries, rather than having 28 separate sets of regulation, the EU provided one set of rules. If you manufacture goods or provide services within the regulations, you can sell anywhere into the common market without the costs of adapting to each country. Therefore if we want to continue to sell into the EU we'll have to continue to abide by those regs.

Keep in mind, in terms of exports, we need the EU more than they need us. 50% of our goods go to the EU, whereas only 6% of the EU's goods are bought by the UK.

With regards to the "scare mongering"; it seems any facts the leave camp don't like are dismissed as scare tactics.

It is not in the EU's interest to grant the UK special treatment, and they've been clear that there will be no concessions. They need to keep their union together by disincentivising other countries from trying to leave. There are elections coming up in Spain, Holland and France. In fact they are trying to figure out how they can pressure the UK to trigger article 50 and exit as soon as possible, to avoid a long period of harmful uncertainty.

2007 Golf Gti DSG | Leather Wingbacks | Xenons | VWR Springs | Tinted Windows | 18" Audi Speedlines |

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2016, 12:49:00 am »

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2016, 10:35:58 am »
Any thoughts on farage doing a immediate u-turn on the £350m pledged to the NHS?

Offline Craig Stanley

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2016, 11:13:17 am »
Yeah. What a frog looking twat:)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 34
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97534.0.html
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2016, 11:45:51 am »
£ is already risen higher than February levels just gone after a few hours.
FTSE closed on a weekly high of 2.4%.
Obama back tracked on his initial comments of us being at the back of the queue, hinting a UK-USA trade deal is more than achievable once negotiations are opened up.
French President decided actually the ale Touquet treaty will stay in place (that's the treaty between us and France regarding Migrants trying to be across Calais border).
President of the EU commission has already stated that the UK will remain a close partner of the EU, something Remainers seem to believe we won't ever trade again with The EU.

Initially it looked grim, few hours later and it's looking promising already.

Main concerns would be who the right leader is to take us through this tough period, who will be able to achieve the best negotiation deals within two years once Article 50 has been invoked?

dansmith180

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2016, 11:57:08 am »

What? Examples please...

Sorry I got hugely sidetracked looking at 14 million articles last night lol, so much sh*t to sift through. A couple of the big ones though.

Obama saying we'd be back of the queue

Now him and others want to trade.

The migrant camps will be over here

Now they're happy to work with us, although I believe depending on who the next priminister is we may have issues with this one as one of the candidates is all for sending them over here (which I can't blame him for).

The banks will sac everyone

Banks always lie anyways.

I know they're not all perfect examples but it proves the point as I suspected many of the threats were just to scare us to an IN vote. I also believe some were completely true and will be carried out but that's a calculated risk.

Farage though and his £350 million to the NHS lie is just infuriating. Luckily I didn't base my vote on that but he should be stoned for lying along with George Osbourne and his dirty tricks.

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 34
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97534.0.html
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2016, 12:00:50 pm »
Agree with the comments Farage made about NHS not guaranteed on receiving full 350 million a week we save from EU membership fees, however, even if a large proportion of that 350 million is pumped into the NHs, that is money the NHS wasn't receiving beforehand and can surely only be seen as beneficial in anyway you look at it? Unless I'm missing something major here.

dansmith180

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2016, 12:06:35 pm »

The thing I disagree with though is that your children are at risk because if anything they will reap the rewards. There will be sh*t but that's coming now and for the next few years, in the long term without the restrictions and red tape provided by the EU we can flourish and do better than ever.

The thing about those regulations is that the evidence is that they're actually a net positive.

Think about it. In a market of of 28 separate countries, rather than having 28 separate sets of regulation, the EU provided one set of rules. If you manufacture goods or provide services within the regulations, you can sell anywhere into the common market without the costs of adapting to each country. Therefore if we want to continue to sell into the EU we'll have to continue to abide by those regs.

Keep in mind, in terms of exports, we need the EU more than they need us. 50% of our goods go to the EU, whereas only 6% of the EU's goods are bought by the UK.

With regards to the "scare mongering"; it seems any facts the leave camp don't like are dismissed as scare tactics.

It is not in the EU's interest to grant the UK special treatment, and they've been clear that there will be no concessions. They need to keep their union together by disincentivising other countries from trying to leave. There are elections coming up in Spain, Holland and France. In fact they are trying to figure out how they can pressure the UK to trigger article 50 and exit as soon as possible, to avoid a long period of harmful uncertainty.

Yes I totally agree that us all trading and working as one (as a concept) is brilliant and a much better and more beneficial way for all of us to live. But why does it require being part of a group that is so damn expensive to run? Surely the same could be achieved with a couple of dozen top lawyers and an ELECTED candidate from each country?

Its gone from being a great idea and a working community to a controlling and dominant group of overpaid childish pricks. Most of them get paid more than out PM ffs.

As usual the idea is great but the reality just doesn't work out the same way. I do appreciate there is a certain stability to us all being together but I honestly think it's worth sacrificing that for the fact that long term we can and will do better on our own. And now we can trade with the rest of the world however and whenever we please.

You've made some great points and really got me thinking so thank you for that but I honestly still can't seeing the EU as controlling and restrictive.

dansmith180

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2016, 12:08:30 pm »
Agree with the comments Farage made about NHS not guaranteed on receiving full 350 million a week we save from EU membership fees, however, even if a large proportion of that 350 million is pumped into the NHs, that is money the NHS wasn't receiving beforehand and can surely only be seen as beneficial in anyway you look at it? Unless I'm missing something major here.

The problem is they had it all over the side of their bus and it was one of their main arguments. Then 10 minutes latet he laughs it off and says it won't happen.

Offline jayha11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97064.0.html
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2016, 12:23:48 pm »

The problem is they had it all over the side of their bus and it was one of their main arguments. Then 10 minutes latet he laughs it off and says it won't happen.

Where does it say on the bus they will/would spend the whole 350 million though? Nowhere. Also Farage wouldn't be able to guarantee this misquote as he isn't responsible for the budget. I don't think Farage influenced that many people in all honestly. Even a lot of the Brexit camp distanced themselves from him.
Mk5 GTI > S3 8P > Cupra 300 > Cupra 290 > Mk5 R32

Offline FJ1000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2016, 12:30:18 pm »

Yes I totally agree that us all trading and working as one (as a concept) is brilliant and a much better and more beneficial way for all of us to live. But why does it require being part of a group that is so damn expensive to run? Surely the same could be achieved with a couple of dozen top lawyers and an ELECTED candidate from each country?

Its gone from being a great idea and a working community to a controlling and dominant group of overpaid childish pricks. Most of them get paid more than out PM ffs.

As usual the idea is great but the reality just doesn't work out the same way. I do appreciate there is a certain stability to us all being together but I honestly think it's worth sacrificing that for the fact that long term we can and will do better on our own. And now we can trade with the rest of the world however and whenever we please.

You've made some great points and really got me thinking so thank you for that but I honestly still can't seeing the EU as controlling and restrictive.

Hey mate, please take a few minutes to watch this...