Make a donation

Author Topic: New bum page 7  (Read 32665 times)

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: New bum page 7
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2011, 06:13:26 pm »
Lovin it matey, you knew i would tho!!! Such a good look. Hopefully get a look at it in the flesh soon. Stevie.  :happy2:

Offline rubber toe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2011, 10:56:08 pm »
Hi RT, looks luvly, did you notice what the weight differrence was? It must fly up, mine comes up pretty fast and I've only taken out the Washer/Wiper & inner panel.

I was looking at these just for weight saving but I think I'd be better off saving weight at the front as the backs empty anyway. Carbon roof saves 10kg from Performance Trim but not sure what it looks like on the inside (no roof linning!), and carbon wings which are 10mm wider.

Neil  :happy2:

Not to sure on the weight saving on the boot but I do know from lifting both without rear screen it was considerably lighter.
Yeah seen performance trim have the roof for sale , pretty sure they made the original for a guy called lomax whose White gti was featured in pvw and also had all the roof lining etc still in place  :smiley:
Fancy getting the carbon wings just for the extra clearance but think I would paint the wings  :wink:

Thanks for positive comments guys  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2011, 10:17:30 am »

Fancy getting the carbon wings just for the extra clearance but think I would paint the wings  :wink:

....Group Buy?  :evilgrin: - That's what I'm gonna do when funds allow. I'm gonna paint mine but leave the carbon showing through a 'GTI' logotype like Jake has done the '.:R' on his carbon wings.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rubber toe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2011, 09:19:50 pm »
Yeah Jakes wings are  :drool: :drool: :drool:
Slightly concerned about fitment issues considering how much they cost  :scared: :scared:

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2011, 09:27:19 pm »
Slightly concerned about fitment issues considering how much they cost  :scared: :scared:

:happy2:   :drinking:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline NeilM

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2011, 10:35:37 pm »
^^^^
Have you got carbon wings, Neil?

Not yet RR but they are on my list if I go wider wheels on the front  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2011, 11:14:04 pm »

....My concern is how they fit with the OEM arch liners (I'm still waiting for a pic of yours, Jake, to show inside the wheel arch. I'm confident that my usual bodyshop can sort something if needed.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2011, 03:57:44 pm »

....Group Buy?  :evilgrin: - That's what I'm gonna do when funds allow. I'm gonna paint mine but leave the carbon showing through a 'GTI' logotype like Jake has done the '.:R' on his carbon wings.

Does Jake have a ride / build thread? Sounds  :drool:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2011, 04:07:25 pm »

....Group Buy?  :evilgrin: - That's what I'm gonna do when funds allow. I'm gonna paint mine but leave the carbon showing through a 'GTI' logotype like Jake has done the '.:R' on his carbon wings.

Does Jake have a ride / build thread? Sounds  :drool:

....Indeed he does: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.30.html < Page 3 / Reply #41.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 04:15:59 pm by RedRobin »

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #129 on: May 26, 2011, 04:08:49 pm »
Thanks RR  :happy2:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2011, 04:15:24 pm »
Rubber toe, with the boot strut being overly strong for your new light weight boot lid, why dont you change the coding for the rear boot release to unlock and release the locking mechanism think that should get you the full remote boot release to open, might save you a dentistry bill from a boot lid upper cutt!  :happy2:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline rubber toe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: May 26, 2011, 10:25:00 pm »
Yeah sounds like a good plan Rich :happy2:
Altho not overly bothered about the boot as I've opened it about 3 times in the last 2 months...
As the for the my dentist bill , too late lol

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #132 on: May 27, 2011, 10:08:15 am »
Yeah sounds like a good plan Rich :happy2:
Altho not overly bothered about the boot as I've opened it about 3 times in the last 2 months...
As the for the my dentist bill , too late lol

:signLOL:
Nice hat!

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2011, 11:22:52 pm »
Big al - not planning on painting it as I like the slight contrast, altho not sure if I would do it if my car was a lighter colour.
The plan is to get the grill, bonnet, exhaust surround and wing mirrors carbon too and a darker or carbon roof, but right now my bank says no  :sad1: :grin:
Pretty sure the exhaust was originally yours too Al ,Think you sold it to tonygti
there's a can shaped dent on the back box aswell :laugh:

Danishmkvgti - the fitment isn't a 100% but I can easily live with it as I'm not overly picky , was disappointed tho as the high level brake light doesn't fit at all !!! I wasn't planning on getting a carbon spoiler but it is now a must  :chicken:
I haven't fitted any sound Damping or the interior boot panel and I personally don't think the cabin noise has increased that much , no change to the shocks either altho when you push the handle you have to step back quick or you'll get a face full of bootlid  :rolleye: don't actually use my boot that much so right now it works for me :wink:

Could we get an update on the day to day use of the CF bootlid, and maybe some pictures of any fitment issues that you might have  :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Pablos007

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2011, 01:53:48 pm »
Back-end looks great, as does the rest of the car!!  :congrats: