Make a donation

Author Topic: Parking Charges!!  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Parking Charges!!
« on: July 04, 2016, 11:12:50 am »
Parking charges seem to have got so expensive now!

I've been mulling over whether it's worth rebelling and taking a risk and parking up on a side street, single yellow line, or just not paying in the car parks, ha ha :fighting: No where really busy, like main towns, but places that you just want to pop to for a few hours. Most on road parking is now patrolled by councils, and with limited staffing resources they surely can't patrol every street or car park every hour of every day. Most fines seem to be around £25 or £35, from a quick search, so if you can get away with it for four or five times it might be worth a go, compared with £5/6 for a few hours parking. Overall it might not work out, but tempting to be a bit rebellious in my senior years.

I'm on the southcoast  and just parking up for a few hours to go to the beach, or nature spots costs over a fiver for up to 4 hours.

I'm not advocating parking anywhere dangerous, but some of these parking restrictions just seem unnecessary, to force people on to the revenue generating car parks.

Have I lost the plot, or has this occurred to anyone else? :wink:

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Re: Parking Charges!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 01:14:24 pm »
That's not that bad, Southend usually works out to just under a pound an hour and towns near by are usually around a pound for between 2-3hours. But your are right they are slowly creeping up.

Last week I paid £4.90 and hour in central london and that was parking on the road, the NCP's want obscene amounts. Same as tomorrow I've got to pay £7.90 for all day in a train station car park as I'm parking before 10am.

Great thing about parking in London and other places on a Sunday are that single yellow lines are not enforced or after 18:30, just got to check the times with single yellows

Offline LondonGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 01:15:40 pm »
You take your chances!

In London we have cameras to get you for this (i stopped so someone could jump out a tiny bit in a bus stop, cost £80), back wheels in a box junction because the van in front decided to leave twenty feet in front, £80.

If you get caught with no permit or on a yellow, £80. Sadly they have patrols on mopeds as they make so much cash out of it i have no chance.

Good luck, just don't park like an arse

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 01:26:31 pm »
Just get some cloned plates of a few cars the same as yours  :grin:
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 01:28:38 pm »
I parked in a NCP car park in Brighton the other day.....£19 for 4 hrs IIRC. If I wanted to get f*cked in Brighton, there are cheaper ways to do it!!

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 01:34:40 pm »
Example - Hengistbury Head ( South Coast Nature Reserve / SSSI - Beach huts on the Mudeford part of it sell at over £250k!) The car park charges - last year was £4.00 for up to 4 hours - A pound an hour, ok I suppose.......This summer, up to £5.00 for  4 hours - I make that a 25% increase.

That car park will be patrolled, so no chance there, but how can that hike in price be justified? Nice place to spend a few hours, and car park often well used, but seems that the Council are taking the Micky! :thinking:

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 01:37:15 pm »
I parked in a NCP car park in Brighton the other day.....£19 for 4 hrs IIRC. If I wanted to get f*cked in Brighton, there are cheaper ways to do it!!
Noooo - that's sheer exploitation. Makes Hengistbury look a bargain

Offline Craig Stanley

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 03:03:46 pm »
I spend a fortune round Bournemouth for parking. I think if your a resident it should at least be subsidised. Parked in the BIC(Bournemouth International Centre) last week from 12pm until 4ish and it cost me £7. Rip off. Still not as bad as Brighton:lol:

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 08:48:11 pm »
If you ignore any parking penalties often not worth it. Private firm issued notice, sister in law ignored it like many do. Heard nothing 12mths later, recent mortgage application declined due to CCJ by the private firm.
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 09:49:15 am »
Brighton is a rip off, annoying the misses just informed me she wants to go there for the day with the little one. Either gonna be a min walk to town centre @ £9 for 6hours or park in Churchill Centre car park for £12 for 6hours.

Feel your pain @MC71 , I got stung in the NCP before as it used to be cheaper after a certain time for shows in the Brighton Centre but they stopped doing it and got stung over £20. Never again, I hate NCP's with a passion in big cities as they are a rip off

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 10:45:11 am »
If you ignore any parking penalties often not worth it. Private firm issued notice, sister in law ignored it like many do. Heard nothing 12mths later, recent mortgage application declined due to CCJ by the private firm.

You can ignore the first, wait for a Notice to Keeper and then take it from there depending on who has issued the charge and what authority they have.

You only get a CCJ if they issue you court papers, you lose the judgment in court (or fail to turn up), and then fail to pay the judgement within 28 days.

You don't just get a CCJ without warning
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales