Make a donation

Author Topic: GFB DV+  (Read 17261 times)

Offline PhilNUK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: GFB DV+
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2016, 01:13:38 pm »
cheers for the replies

Ordered the GFB D+ and a cam follower.... unfortunately I missed the ebay links so have paid the postage. Car is booked in for service on Saturday though so as long as they arrive before then, which they will as I just got a text from DPD saying they will be delivered tomorrow, then all is good!

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2016, 03:23:02 pm »
cheers for the replies

Ordered the GFB D+ and a cam follower.... unfortunately I missed the ebay links so have paid the postage. Car is booked in for service on Saturday though so as long as they arrive before then, which they will as I just got a text from DPD saying they will be delivered tomorrow, then all is good!

Brilliant!! Enjoy :happy2:
Report back on how you find the DV+  :happy2:

Offline Neil 54

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2016, 06:20:24 pm »
Just fitted a GFB DV+ to my Ed 30 and can say as others have it is a definite improvement in throttle response so IMO worth doing thanks to AKS Tuning for the well packaged and prompt delivery of it

Offline 6waysforward

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
  • Boost junkie
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2016, 04:16:52 pm »
When i bought my gti it came with a new gfb dv+ but the guy had never fitted it as he said he had recently changed the dv.

Anyways long story short, i thought i would check it and it had indeed split so i fitted the new dv+ and i can confirm the car runs much smoother with it on. And the power delivery is better as its getting all of its boost now.

It can be changed just by jacking up the car and supporting with a axle stand. No need to take the wheel and inner arch off.

Yes it makes the odd noise on full throttle but its barley noticeable...........Until you fit an open cone filter. Now its noisey  :smiley:
Tornado Red GTI DSG

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 679
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2016, 11:15:10 am »
A little video about how the DV+ works.....from the man who designed it  :smiley:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2016, 10:50:43 pm »
I love my DV+ :love:

Offline absolute

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2016, 04:22:56 pm »
I bought one, but being completely honest, I don't notice a massive difference.

Maybe I was expecting night and day?

Edition 30 #1994 now sold. *cries*

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 679
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2016, 04:31:55 pm »
I bought one, but being completely honest, I don't notice a massive difference.

Maybe I was expecting night and day?

I'll describe where I noticed the difference.....

When I bought my ed30 it was already Revoed and had a revision D in it.  Literally a few days later I took it up for remapping and a DV+ was thrown in as a matter of course.  All was good in the world.

Roll on 6 months or so and I switched to a Revision G, just because everyone was raving about it and I had a flat spot appear, so was trying to rule out the DV.

Literally, from the first press of the gas in 1st, the car felt less responsive with G in it.  And after a day's driving around, I took it out and put the DV+ back in.  Responsiveness restored!  Like you say, it's not a night/day difference, but it's certainly noticeable.   

It's clear to see why that happens when you watch the vid!  The OEM DV is either open or closed, so any residual over boost left in the pipework and plenum after a part throttle dump that could aid responsiveness, gets dumped off.  The DV+ keeps it there  :smiley:

Once you're in boost though, I agree, no difference over stock G.   It's just getting into boost feels more pleasant with the DV+.

Having said that, I might bung my G back in this weekend just to make sure I'm not imagining things  :grin:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 04:35:54 pm by Pudding »

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2016, 05:01:14 pm »
You're not imagining things @Pudding. I share the same experience. I went from a like new rev G to the DV+. Much better partial throttle response from the engine. :happy2:

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 72
  • -Receive: 44
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2016, 05:06:59 pm »
Worthwhile upgrade, If I buy a MK6 Golf R when the ED30 goes I will be fitting another GFB-DV+ on that too!

Offline jl1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2016, 10:34:18 am »
just fitted a GFB DV+ yesterday and its fantastic.
throttle response improved and it seems to pull harder through the gears.

Offline slix

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 38
  • Stage 1 ED30 Owner
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2016, 05:30:59 pm »
I had compressor surge noises before I fitted mine.  Disappeared after I swapped over to the DV+ :happy2:
Stage "1.5" ED30 [330BHP] Rtech

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=874anq24tltn0mnk5r2s8t063o&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2016, 10:37:50 pm »
I had compressor surge noises before I fitted mine.  Disappeared after I swapped over to the DV+ :happy2:

That doesn't really make sense. There is no reason why a better DV would stop surge

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2016, 09:23:22 am »
More likely the compressor stall noise on lift-off/gearchange when dumping boost rather than the sub 4k WOT surging noise. Due to the design of the GFB it will flow more than the Rev G will and therefore vent a greater volume which should reduce the 'chu-chu-chu-chu' type noise
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline gtininja

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2016, 03:08:08 pm »
Thinking of getting one of these but can anyone tell me if it makes a blow off sound?

I bought a forge blow off adaptor and I hate it :surprised:

I have obviously totally outgrown the pathetic pfft-pfft sound it makes :laugh:

I thought I would like the sound. I was wrong :rolleye:

Anyways.... I've been thinking of getting one of these but I've been worried that it will make the same pathetic racket as the forge spacer :ashamed: :ashamed:

Can anyone dispel my concerns :smiley:

Hey I'm in the same situation. Sick of the forge spacer noises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk