Make a donation

Author Topic: Evening!  (Read 1169 times)

Offline fivetide

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 0
Evening!
« on: July 06, 2016, 11:03:07 pm »
Picked up a red MkV from a pal at the weekend. 3 door, excellent history too with all the right items serviced too. Hoping to pick up a few tips and hints on keeping it in good nick and already looking to fix the few things I don't like, namely the state of the wheels (diamond cut Monzas) so if anyone knows how much a decent refurb might be so I don't have my trousers taken down that would be great.... :)

Offline sean.smithy94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,107823.0.html
Re: Evening!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 06:40:30 pm »
welcome to the club :smiley: ive only had my golf since may and i already know i wont be disappointed so im sure you wont be! regarding the refurb im not too sure sorry bit i have no doubt someone will come along and help you  :smiley:

Offline jayha11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97064.0.html
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 09:02:39 pm »
Welcome along dude. On the wheels it depends if you want them diamond cut again or if you prefer to go down powdercoating route?
Mk5 GTI > S3 8P > Cupra 300 > Cupra 290 > Mk5 R32

Offline fivetide

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 09:30:49 pm »
I've been reading up and mine are weird, I don't seem to have many 'worms' but the middle of the wheel is milky. Given it seems to keep happening I am thinking powder coat might be the way forward.

I'm in Scotland though, Central Belt, so if anyone knows a decent, well priced firm in the area....??? Car is proper good though. Quick and excellent handling. Just what you would expect.

Offline fivetide

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 08:30:42 pm »
not a lot of scots on here then?  :popcornsoda: