Make a donation

Author Topic: mk5 Golf Xenon Conversion - HELP!  (Read 2098 times)

Offline jon_hill

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
mk5 Golf Xenon Conversion - HELP!
« on: July 07, 2016, 08:02:22 pm »
Hi Guys,

Just wanting some advice (or warning!) about a headlight conversion on my mk5 golf (sorry to drag up a topic that may have been talked about lots in the past).

Basically I'm looking to swap between 2 mk5 golf's a set of standard halogen headlights (my car), and a set of OEM Xenon headlights (a friends car). I've seen many guides and info for the UPgrade from halogen, but can't find much information on DEgrading my friends car... And obviously I don't want to leave him with a botched set of headlights!

Swapping all of the hardware (headlamp units, levelling sensors, headlamp washers) I'm not too concerned about, I'm aware of the array of Kufatec adapters available to upgrade my car, and have a kind offer of some Vagcom work lined up - however the main area I'm struggling with is the retrofitting of harnesses from my halogens into a car that used to have xenons...

I'd REALLY appreciate anybody with experience / knowledge / understanding of this conversion to give me a heads up on things to look out for or alternatively just tell me 'it's a nightmare, don't bother!' etc.

Thanks for your time, hopefully you can point me in the right direction!  :ashamed:

Jon

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
Re: mk5 Golf Xenon Conversion - HELP!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 12:12:25 pm »
@RetroRaz is very clued up with all this - any advice Raz?

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
Re: mk5 Golf Xenon Conversion - HELP!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 01:42:52 pm »
Not sure if they make a loom to downgrade from factory oem 12 pin to 10 pin. May have to buy the male 12pin connector and female 10 pin connector, the relevant sized wires and make the loom yourself.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk