Make a donation

Author Topic: just doesn't feel right - VAGCOM in west sussex?  (Read 643 times)

Offline Rasco

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
just doesn't feel right - VAGCOM in west sussex?
« on: July 19, 2016, 02:03:16 pm »
so I'm not sure if I've just got used to the power but the car just feels ..... stunted a bit? I don't think im loosing boost but I might be? is it obvious? no gauge to easily check, is there a way? anyone in west Sussex with VAGCOM who is available to scan me beauty?

the car just doesn't feel as fast as I think it should???! I'm planning on checking / changing the DV for the rev G, I was going to clean / replace the pipercross panel filter perhaps with the ram air version. apart from that I recently changed the oil & filter and checked and topped it up, what else could it be? what should I look at upgrading or replacing sparks, coil packs?, I'm not planning to go stage 1 until next year now, I replaced the cam follower a year - 18 months ago.

any other pre- stage 1 upgrades I should look to do?

a lot of questions I know but cheers in advance - Rasco

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=junlnmbg6taebhi14ve91ias58&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: just doesn't feel right - VAGCOM in west sussex?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 02:34:20 pm »
Could be the hot weather. High intake temps will result in the ECU pulling the timing back