All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

mk5 gti faults?

<< < (4/7) > >>

182_blue:

--- Quote from: neg on November 02, 2008, 10:38:55 pm ---My warranty items..
air con unit
window regulator
ecu update
rear wiper motor (electrical fault, had a mind of its own)
another electrical unit in the door - due to a puddle light failure

Other bits I have changed for piece of mind..
DV - either Forge or newer revision
PCV

--- End quote ---

what did the rear wiper do ?

neg:
What it liked, just wiped one, then one and a half, stop where it wanted - completely bonkers.  Needless to say when they replaced it the plastic cover on the boot lid was never put back properly - let them try twice and then gave up!

08micsta:
No major faults...

1. Ipod link was not activated when we bought the car... Was sorted when VW Sent out a techie to the house to activate it.

2. The Window software went a tad wonky. When you lock the car and come back after shopping etc the windows would be down by over 2 inches or sometimes completely down. This was solved by a software upgrade as the software was arguing with the windows in the CCM module.

Other than that she has had the headunit replaced because the sound from the Ipod apparently was poor (We noticed this ourselves but didnt bother) but when the car went in for its service my dad pulled in with the sound system blaring and the techie emmeditatly said something aint right. Sorted now and the sound is amazing I dont know how anyone can fault it.

Mike

182_blue:

--- Quote from: neg on November 03, 2008, 09:38:21 am ---What it liked, just wiped one, then one and a half, stop where it wanted - completely bonkers.  Needless to say when they replaced it the plastic cover on the boot lid was never put back properly - let them try twice and then gave up!

--- End quote ---
I see, just wondered as mine doesn't come on as soon as I select it, it pauses a few moments, i guess Vcds would
Pick a fault up though

Teutonic_Tamer:

--- Quote from: Top Cat on November 01, 2008, 11:36:21 am ---
--- Quote from: The wheel man on November 01, 2008, 11:17:38 am ---appart from the wheels everythings been fine.  i did have a CV boot changed at my last service though....  Oh and my boot light doesnt work and the VW talk latch is starting to corrode.  Still the best car in the world though!!!

--- End quote ---

What is a talk latch.  :signIWS:

--- End quote ---

Tail gate latch, maybe?  I think it might be the white worm issues on the VW logo on the rear hatch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version