Make a donation

Author Topic: Vagcom price  (Read 7318 times)

Offline fazi123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
Re: Vagcom price
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2016, 04:44:20 pm »
VCDS is windows based. Unless you can emulate windows from within IOS then you won't be running it on the iPad. Cheap windows tablets do the job though

Clones can be had for sub £20 from china. The £45 UK ones are those importing them in bulk and adding a hefty markup for the hassle/risk they are taking.

Hey Dan,

Where could I get said cloned cable for ~£20. I used to have the original but cant justify the expense of it this time around.

Thanks in advance,
Faz

Offline Kieran1990gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2016, 06:41:12 pm »
So been trying too connect too the car and I have a ross tech cable from Germany but it's under the name auto intern and I can't connect.

Very frustrating as it's slightly more expensive as hell. Laptop I got to use is a bailer and runs off windows 7 any thoughts?

Offline slix

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 38
  • Stage 1 ED30 Owner
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2016, 07:27:40 pm »
So been trying too connect too the car and I have a ross tech cable from Germany but it's under the name auto intern and I can't connect.

Very frustrating as it's slightly more expensive as hell. Laptop I got to use is a bailer and runs off windows 7 any thoughts?

Have you gone into settings and tried different ports to find one that works? Then press save.
Stage "1.5" ED30 [330BHP] Rtech

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2016, 07:33:51 pm »
You need to find out which com port works as it's a pain in the  :booty: at times.

Offline Kieran1990gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2016, 08:01:53 pm »
Stupid question but what's this com port use speak of

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2016, 08:39:50 pm »
It's not stupid lol its a question  :P

It's basically your USB port you're using to connect to the car. it's lengthy to explain and you may not understand what I'm faffing on about either  :stupid:

You need to go to start and then control panel on your laptop. then system and then click on harware and then below you will see DEVICE MANAGER. then scroll down to ports  (COM & LPT) and you'll see the driver's already installed on your laptop. make sure you count how many there are. as you will you plug your vag lead in it all should disappear and then reappear with your vag lead added to it as a new port. Double click it and then you'll get another box with labels: General - port settings - Driver -  details. Double CLICK update drivers and you'll see a list go to (No not at this time) and click next. then you'll get another box saying install software automatically (Recommeneded) and hopefully you should be able to use one of the ports. Can't remember exactly but close enough.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 09:41:28 pm by r5gtt »

Offline Kieran1990gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2016, 09:03:10 pm »
Thanks going to give it a go tomorrow

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2016, 08:04:58 am »
Modern VCDS doesn't need you to establish and select the correct COM port, you should just install the software/drivers, open the software up and go in to options, select 'USB' (not the com ports) and click test. It should find the cable - if it doesn't then you have a driver issue.
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Kieran1990gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2016, 10:05:12 am »
What's the best way too deal with driver issues then. I used the USB driver they supplied me and loaded it up. Opened the programme and it says there is a newer version so updated and it still can't find the car. When cable is plugged in there is 2 green lights

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2016, 10:50:28 am »
I hate to say this..... But are you sure it is 100% legit and genuine? If it was genuine then you should be able to download the software from the RossTech site

Check in Device Manager to ensure you see a Rosstech genuine interface (or whatever the wording is) and not an 'unknown'. If you have, post a screenshot of the little box that pops up detaining connection status, driver/firmware versions etc. (should pop up when you click test)
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Kieran1990gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2016, 11:37:43 am »
It's the same as a ross tech cable just the German version. I got it new from Amazon and also the USB driver it came with uploads ross tech. I'll screen shot it and upload to here

Offline slix

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 38
  • Stage 1 ED30 Owner
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2016, 12:18:29 pm »
It's the same as a ross tech cable just the German version. I got it new from Amazon and also the USB driver it came with uploads ross tech. I'll screen shot it and upload to here

Random but have you turned ignition on when trying to find the car?
Stage "1.5" ED30 [330BHP] Rtech

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2016, 01:19:30 pm »
Modern VCDS doesn't need you to establish and select the correct COM port, you should just install the software/drivers, open the software up and go in to options, select 'USB' (not the com ports) and click test. It should find the cable - if it doesn't then you have a driver issue.
usb  :ashamed: sorry it's been a while since I've done this set up.

German and more expensive sounds like a copy ?

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2016, 01:39:25 pm »
I am far from a killjoy on things like this and almost can't believe I am saying it, but I would urge people to buy the original cable and software. It's such a great bit of kit and not produced by a massive corporation, so keeping the thing going and supported by buying the original would be my take. I have got much use from mine.

:happy2:

Offline Kieran1990gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2016, 02:38:43 pm »
Little update I just installed another folder from the driver that I received. Plugged in and found the car no problem what so ever thanks for the help chaps.