Make a donation

Author Topic: devilsown meth???  (Read 11096 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
devilsown meth???
« on: August 06, 2016, 09:37:49 pm »
What do you reckon?.

Offline andyR43

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 32
Re: devilsown meth???
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 09:54:08 pm »
Excellent product and Bruce is a top man, He's very helpful if you have any queries.

Keeping it original..............or not!!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 10:50:19 pm »
I'm going for it as it lowers intake air temps and combustion temps  :smiley:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 11:16:53 pm »
I'm going for it as it lowers intake air temps and combustion temps  :smiley:
Sounds like a pain in the arse to set up and run though.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 11:59:16 pm »
I'll sort something out mate I always do.  :wink:

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 10:07:06 pm »
I looked into it, Devils own has some nice kit, the one potential scare story was malfunctioning controllers which meant the pump ran when the engine was not running, basically in this scenario the entire tank of water dumps into the intake. Obviously not great come startup with a inlet full of water.

The Devils own stuff sounds good but is relatively simple, just runs off boost which means when you hit the rev limiter, it continues to pump water/meth even if injector or timing has cut. Meth itself is combustible, so your engine is running super lean on just meth (obviously not good). I am not sure how the rev limiter comes in on the MKV.

I looked into Aquamist systems, these have more safety measures, they hook into a injector signal and only allow water injection when the engine is running and injecting fuel. They also calculate the amount of water to inject based on fuel injection rate and boost. Overall a safer, more complex but more costly system.

I was really keen to go water/meth for the ability to run more timing etc, but wimped out the more I read into it !  :laugh:

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 11:19:18 pm »
Simple basic reliable boost activated mechanical switch is all you need. Seen nothing but problems with the Devils Own controllers. Been running the basic 6-30 psi kit for 18 months now and would thoroughly recommend it on high boost Stage 2/2+ setups
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 11:33:52 pm »
This is what I was told.

Nope this is the 30psi boost switch model
You can set it to the boost pressure switch level so when you hit 14 psi it will spray.
Switch anything from 0-30psi
It also has an overide on and off flick switch with LED solenoid upgrade and can run it through the throttle body manifold vacuum line. D04 nozzle injector. 10 litre tank with a 30psi boost switch. complete kit.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2016, 11:36:15 pm »
Simple basic reliable boost activated mechanical switch is all you need. Seen nothing but problems with the Devils Own controllers. Been running the basic 6-30 psi kit for 18 months now and would thoroughly recommend it on high boost Stage 2/2+ setups
Sorry didn't quite understand that @Dan_FR can you repeat that in simple terms please?. What's a basic 6-30psi kit?.

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 12:09:43 am »
Think hes saying a mechanical switch is much better then the controller. Which is your kit that you are looking at?

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 12:29:01 am »
Thanks for that @Peskyjones this is why I'm looking at this one as I did ask the seller if it has a manual controller and he told me it's with the extra bit's in the kit. I personally don't like the digital controller as it was all over the tt forum but wasn't for me.  :happy2:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 12:34:17 am by r5gtt »

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 08:03:30 am »
This is what I was told.

You can set it to the boost pressure switch level so when you hit 14 psi it will spray.
It also has an overide on and off flick switch with LED solenoid upgrade and can run it through the throttle body manifold vacuum line. D04 nozzle injector. 10 litre tank with a 30psi boost switch. complete kit.

I know the kit for sale that you are talking about - didn't seem particularly cheap to me.

it sounds like you have the basic 6-30 psi switch which is fine
An override switch is just a 50p toggle switch, and the LED is worth about 7p
The solenoid is a worthwhile upgrade over the checkvalve though
D04 is too big for a K03 GTI, you will need something smaller. What stage of tune are you and what are your power goals?
10 litre tank is only needed if you want a separate tank in the boot instead of utilising the washer bottle in the engine bay. Does it come with all of the wiring, and all of the hard plastic meth lines that you will need to run through the car?
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 10:40:52 am »
I run a meth kit with a 10litre tank.
Its a coolingmist kit with a boost activated switch. never had any problems with it.
You simply, set what PSI you want it to start injection at then your on your way.
I have mine hooked up to an 12v on of switch so I can run it when I want to.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2016, 12:54:32 pm »
This is what I was told.

I know the kit for sale that you are talking about - didn't seem particularly cheap to me.

it sounds like you have the basic 6-30 psi switch which is fine
An override switch is just a 50p toggle switch, and the LED is worth about 7p
The solenoid is a worthwhile upgrade over the checkvalve though
D04 is too big for a K03 GTI, you will need something smaller. What stage of tune are you and what are your power goals?
10 litre tank is only needed if you want a separate tank in the boot instead of utilising the washer bottle in the engine bay. Does it come with all of the wiring, and all of the hard plastic meth lines that you will need to run through the car?
I'm looking at stage 2

It's not really cheap but the seller isn't budging.

Here's the kit in a mess

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 01:44:52 pm »
You'll probably need a D02 nozzle in that case. I have a D03 and it is a bit on the big side really.

Have you considered how you would mount the nozzle? e.g. a TB spacer, aftermarket throttle pipe etc.?

You'll probably need to order more of the plastic piping too, you'll definitely need a smaller nozzle, and you'll need a Boost take-off for the inlet manifold (which one will depend on current PCV setup i.e. standard, PCV delete etc.) That's assuming that everything else you'll need is present, e.g. nozzle holder, tank tap etc. as I can't see them in that picture