Make a donation

Author Topic: Electrical problems  (Read 2113 times)

Offline just_coolnuh

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
Electrical problems
« on: August 09, 2016, 09:32:23 pm »
Hi, ive had my gti for around a month and got it dirt cheap but im starting to realise why, the horn doesn't work, fogs dont work, intermittent oil pressure and coolant warnings on dash, fuel gauge reads empty also intermittently but also sometimes tells me I've got over 2000 miles of fuel left on the dash computer. PRNDS flashing on dash..

I tested the horns and they both work, fuse is also fine

Funny thing with the fogs, the fuse slots were empty so I put the correct amp fuses in as per the manual but they still didnt work but instead lit up the dash turning every warning light on??

Had the oil pick-up cleaned and coolant levels are fine, car drives fine so im really confused.. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix any of these issues id appreciate any info as id like this as a project car but if it turns out to be too much work ill just end up breaking it!

MPS

Re: Electrical problems
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 08:27:59 pm »
Sounds like a good project to me, don't be scared. Invest in a VCDS cable, that will hopefully reveal what is going on.

Offline just_coolnuh

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 05:50:16 am »
Yeah car drives real nice and its comfortable inside aswell, will deffo need to educate myself with vagcom and get the cable in the near future

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Offline just_coolnuh

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 05:52:53 am »
Oh yeah and a little progress, a bit of research yesterday led me to the fuse box layout which is completely different to the one which came with the car, 2 mins later I have a horn! Didn't have time to go through  all of them but will check it all over the weekend.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk