Make a donation

Author Topic: Spark plug gaps  (Read 46250 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: Spark plug gaps
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2016, 05:23:32 pm »
Bloody heck man thought you were getting some where ans bang it's back to bite you in a butt. :thinking: I know you say misfire on cylinder two so maybe it is the injector after all.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2016, 05:39:26 pm »
Bloody heck man thought you were getting some where ans bang it's back to bite you in a butt. :thinking: I know you say misfire on cylinder two so maybe it is the injector after all.
I know, it's getting silly now. Why couldn't it do this when Mike did the logging with me two days ago? WHY?!

Yeah if I had to guess I'd say injector. Would a knackered injector be obvious to the eye once it's removed? I'm guessing it'd need the spray testing to come to any sort of conclusion. But an intermittently failing injector, I'm not sure.

At least I've got it booked in, even though it's a few weeks away I'm confident Steve will at the very least diagnose it. If it means the injector needs replacing then so be it. Just want the bloody thing sorted.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2016, 05:51:16 pm »
That's why you should have bought the set of s3 ones that would have sorted you out but now you'll have to fork out full price just for one  :slap: you never listen do you  :signLOL: 
Let's just hope it's nothing worse than an injector as it's an intermittent misfire and possibly that injector is clogged up and if the inlet comes off you may as well get the head decoked whilst there :happy2: get it all done so no messing around.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2016, 06:14:26 pm »
That's why you should have bought the set of s3 ones that would have sorted you out but now you'll have to fork out full price just for one  :slap: you never listen do you  :signLOL: 
Let's just hope it's nothing worse than an injector as it's an intermittent misfire and possibly that injector is clogged up and if the inlet comes off you may as well get the head decoked whilst there :happy2: get it all done so no messing around.
I don't think it'd be a case of just dropping in a set of k04 injectors. The map would have to be rewritten. Standard injectors are fine up to about 360bhp as you know (assuming they're not faulty)

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2016, 07:11:14 pm »
I don't think it'd be a case of just dropping in a set of k04 injectors. The map would have to be rewritten. Standard injectors are fine up to about 360bhp as you know (assuming they're not faulty)
Definitely need rewritting the map as ive found with the rs4 injectors on someone else's tfsi.

What I meant was you'd have a set for the price of one  :P

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2016, 03:00:58 pm »

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2016, 03:39:19 pm »
Want to share this with you.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=371649669341&alt=web
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for that mate. I wonder if there's any value in getting these refurbed. Might be a better approach to replacing odd injectors and pretty much waiting for the next to fail, and it'd in theory be as good as 4 new injectors. Not sure on prices for refurb. Will have a read up.

Of course, it's a bit of a punt to assume it is the injector causing the misfires, although it seems much more likely to be that than anything else at this stage.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2016, 04:25:49 pm »
Injectortune.co.uk seem to get good feedback from plenty of forums, this one included. Not a bad price either.

I'm seriously considering this. But... I don't really want to shell out for the injectors and refurb if it turns out to be something else! I've no real way of finding out the cause until the car goes in to Statller in 4 weeks.

Not sure what to do.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2016, 04:31:32 pm »
misfire detection vagcom engine blocks 015 016 is your best bet hence me telling you a million times to get vagcom   :doh:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 04:34:33 pm by r5gtt »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2016, 04:33:24 pm »

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for that mate. I wonder if there's any value in getting these refurbed. Might be a better approach to replacing odd injectors and pretty much waiting for the next to fail, and it'd in theory be as good as 4 new injectors. Not sure on prices for refurb. Will have a read up.

Of course, it's a bit of a punt to assume it is the injector causing the misfires, although it seems much more likely to be that than anything else at this stage.
If you're really thinking of refurbishing them then maybe better off buying a new set as I don't think it will be cheap tbh.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2016, 04:37:07 pm »

If you're really thinking of refurbishing them then maybe better off buying a new set as I don't think it will be cheap tbh.
Surprisingly, it's not too bad. About 60 quid for a set of four, unless I'm missing something. If you go on the website it tells you the process, and it seems to go a fair bit further than just ultrasonic cleaning.

Considering the price of a new injector, this option is miles cheaper.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2016, 04:41:44 pm »

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2016, 05:12:40 pm »
Is that at mr  injector?

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2016, 05:19:27 pm »
Is that at mr  injector?
Different firm I think Mike, but I have heard of mr injector - can you recommend them?

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2016, 05:25:51 pm »
Alex uses them, I believe. I'm sure mine went there for checking