Make a donation

Author Topic: Used Gti Prices  (Read 3496 times)

Offline too hot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
Used Gti Prices
« on: December 23, 2008, 08:33:22 pm »
Hi all,new to this forum but not to Vw`s. :happy2:
Been on the lookout for a MK5 GTI for sometime now having sold my MKIV and beloved Corrado.
It appears that prices are all over the place at the moment.
Can this be down to the credit crunch the time of year or the arrival of the MK6 on the horizon.
Seems a lot of people are getting out of MK5`s now and it is very much a buyers market.
Looked at a fair number now mainly blacks and reds  :wink:
But really fancy a candy white :happy2:
However they seem to be few and far between and specs are lower than the others I have looked at.
So really what I want to know is should I go for a higher spec black car for less money or hold out for white? :confused:
As I would really like black leather and xenons possibly a DSG  :wink:
I appreciate white is the colour of the moment just now and appears to be commanding a higher premium :drool:
Advice please  :smiley: :smiley:
2014 White 3dr S3 Stronic

Offline madman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Used Gti Prices
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 08:38:06 pm »
there is one on here for 10.5k looks a very nice car aswell. just been put up for sale in the last few days :happy2:

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 08:41:26 pm »
I think Xenons are quite rare due to the price of the option new.

It's certainly worth holding out for a little while for the right car.  Some places to check if you've not done so already is -

Here
Pistonheads
golfgtiforum
Autotrader
Exchange and Mart
VW Website

With regard to the VW website it is also worth popping along to the dealers as they have access to a list of employees cars that are nearly new and for sale.  Recently helped a friend secure one with a very respectable discount off of the listed price.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline too hot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 09:01:26 pm »
Cheers Stu been looking on all the obvious plces apart from VW site as I always find them too expensive.
I hate buying from dealers,much prefer an individual who has cherished his or her car :innocent:
The Candy white one on here is in the North of Scotland at the moment :surprised:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 09:04:16 pm »
I would say from experience just hold out until the right car pops up. There should be plenty of cars with the colour and spec you want coming along over the next few months.  :innocent:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 09:10:47 pm »
Recently helped a friend secure one with a very respectable discount off of the listed price.

:love:

Offline too hot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 09:15:39 pm »
I would say from experience just hold out until the right car pops up. There should be plenty of cars with the colour and spec you want coming along over the next few months.  :innocent:

Thanks not easy to buy around Christmas either as most people have got other commitments :grin: :grin:
Certainly going to keep my eyes peeled as I`m not desperate and the right car is bound to come along :jumping:
Black is probably my second choice though :happy2:

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 12:38:39 am »
The mk6 will make a difference on buyer a new mk5 but as for values - all cars are very alike at the moment. Golfs not being the worst.

Offline too hot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 12:49:02 pm »
The mk6 will make a difference on buyer a new mk5 but as for values - all cars are very alike at the moment. Golfs not being the worst.

Yeah its definitely a buyers market whatever your buying :smiley: :smiley: