All Things MK6 R and GTI > MK6 Members Rides

Josh's Edition 35 - Stage 2

(1/10) > >>

JoshH:
Hi all!

Collected my fine example of an E35 this weekend and so far I am over the moon with it!

It's 5 door and DSG, both were important to me particularly the DSG as I'm shortly due an op to fuse my left wrist so driving manuals will become more difficult for me!

Here's a couple of pics. I'll warn you I'm a serial modder so by day 2 bits were being ordered!

Couple of pics on the day I collected it from Redline in Harrogate, a long 4 hour trip back to Cardiff was had!

Had loads of bad weather on the way back home so have her a quick wash the following morning.

Then a blast around the coast!

JoshH:
The modding begins...!

Popped in to see the guys at Performance Engineering in Cardiff, they have worked on all my previous cars, Nathan the owner is a former calibration engineer from a big tuner in the U.K. So really knows his stuff when it comes to the remapping side of things.

After a good chat I've decided to cover all of the basics before going for power, I'm going to replace the fuel pump cam follower and oil pick up inside the sump. The car has only done 28k miles but better safe than sorry!

I did buy a GoFastBits DV+ from them there and then though!

Then arrived home and the postman had been!

jhook661:
Very nice Josh!  :happy2:

Dave J:
Welcome! Car looks good indeed. Don't see many Mk6 GTI's around, let alone an ED35
Good work to take care of all the maintenance parts first - I did the same with my ED30, and then all the braking and handling mods. However, need to do the pick up in the sump, and probably a carbon clean on the head. Jeez, there's always something to do on these...!

Hope you enjoy your new car!

gttdigoof:
Looking good  :happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version