Make a donation

Author Topic: put in a pcv block off plate, aint working right  (Read 2517 times)

Offline siggik

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
put in a pcv block off plate, aint working right
« on: September 05, 2016, 12:44:16 am »
Hi, just bought creation motorsport block off plate, after that the car goes wierd. like the boost is all wrong, revs etc.

any ideas ?

just thinking going for newest rev pcv valve now ..

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
Re: put in a pcv block off plate, aint working right
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 09:21:10 am »
You probably just put it in wrong. Didn't seal o-rings with oil beforehand?

Remove and try again.

Offline siggik

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 09:53:17 pm »
You probably just put it in wrong. Didn't seal o-rings with oil beforehand?

Remove and try again.

i thought so, but went today and bought the rev R PCV valve, same proplem, was checking intake hoses if i could see some splits or tears, but nuthing

Edit: was just thinking, is it possible the DV is split ?

2007/8 ED30 stage1
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 09:56:32 pm by siggik »

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 07:09:51 am »
What do you mean by 'the boost is all wrong'? If you want help you're going to have to put a lot more effort in to the description than that

You have probably cracked or split one of the plastic flexible pipes between the PCV and intake, or the PCV to crankcase
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 09:21:06 am »
As Dan said, you need more info.

Can you get it scanned with VCDS? If so, paste the results here and it's easier to help you out!

A split DV won't cause the boost "to go all wrong". It will only give less pull in the simplest of terms.

Offline siggik

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 08:32:40 pm »
As Dan said, you need more info.

Can you get it scanned with VCDS? If so, paste the results here and it's easier to help you out!

A split DV won't cause the boost "to go all wrong". It will only give less pull in the simplest of terms.

hi guys, thanks for the replys and sorry for the lack of information.

unfortunally i dont have access to VAG-COM

the boost feels like its coming in very late and most of the time is way less than what it should be 2 days ago for example. and it wents out more than it used to, see explanation below

the thing is i installed RAMAIR intake, but didnt have the correct noisepipe to connect to the k04 bung, so basicly now the pipe that used to connect to the intake (with the dv?) is just hanging there open and it wents out, like a bov.

iam in the works getting the right pipe to connect to the bung like this.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.240.html

(iam also buying LOBA hpfp, sparkplugs and DV+ next  month)

so considering i found no cracks or splits on the pipework on visually inspecting (thinking about getting a mechanic to measure and check for leaks in the boost system) i thought the DV might be at fault since the boost isint what it used to be, coming in late (the car revs but nuthing much happens) then it comes in later.

but iam looking for other parts that might be at fault for me to check

kash24

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 06:43:48 pm »
Hi all, am new to this
I have a mk5 Golf gti, engine code AXX, I have been suffering with problems with this motor. The most recent problem I have had is that I bought a forge pcv delete and put it on correctly the engine is running fine, idles fine power is great but when at stand still it's smoking so much I could properly smoke out a street just letting the car warm up, it smells like petrol and it's like a blueish kind of smoke. Not only that but it's sucking oil like no tommorrow, I took off the pcv delete and put the original pcv back on and now it's getting random cylinder misfires the car won't start sometimes it's an absolute nightmare,
AV joined this forum to seek advice
Please someone help or point me in right direction
Thanks