Make a donation

Author Topic: Introduction & Wales Roadtrip Log (Pic Heavy)  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Cocoapuff

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109198.0.html
Introduction & Wales Roadtrip Log (Pic Heavy)
« on: September 06, 2016, 10:59:56 pm »
Hello everyone - I thought it was time for me to finally do my Introduction, and what better way than to give a little overview of my recent roadtrip to Wales - starting in London, out to Colwyn Bay, spending Day 2 in Anglesey then making the long drive back.

Quick bit on me:
I currently drive a 2.0 FSI Golf, GTI insurance was horrible so I'll hold off for that, but I'm seeking a MK6 R next. I live in the wonderfully congested London so getting out to enjoy the countryside was very much welcomed. Car history is tiny - only had a 1.2 MK2 Clio previously which served me well until the electrics went...

Anyways, here is a map of our route up to the hotel.

Stayed overnight, but did a modified version of the Evo Triangle and a lap of Snowdonia as well before retiring for the night!

Day 2 was a little lap of Anglesey before heading back to London.

Honestly, what a truly amazing way to spend a weekend. Great company, beautiful scenery, breathtaking views and some of the country's best driving roads. 20+ hours across 840 miles was definitely worth it. I couldn't possibly be any more in love with my car right now, didn't put a foot wrong all weekend.

Any questions or if you'd like any other information, please just ask! Now.. for some pictures...

Offline croak2012

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 4
  • My first Gti mk5
Re: Introduction & Wales Roadtrip Log (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 10:31:30 pm »
looks amazing ! i'm from Enfield so I might question you about this route some time lol
welcome!