Make a donation

Author Topic: CRASHED THE BEAST :'(  (Read 28244 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: CRASHED THE BEAST :'(
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2016, 08:47:09 am »
Metal can be replaced you can't, hope your staying in  the mk5 world on a lighter note when you get payed out that's a cheap car won't stand you at much less than 1k to put that right !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Very true as others have said.
It s shame I'm having to go through this as I don't really need this right now. I hate being invloved in a collision when someone else had been negligent causing me the stresses of having to sort my car insurance out as I no longer have faith in the insurance repair system after working at a crash repair shop and seeing how they butcher cars together  :surprised: even brand new 65 plates well not new but new enough. :scared: and when my tt was repaired years back even the insurance ombudsman through it out the window after fighting for a 1 and a half.
mine will cost a lot more than a 1k as you put it as I know what's damaged on the car to some extent unless I source these parts dirt cheap imho. no idea what's gone on behind the bumper till it comes off and if thr subframe has taken a hit as the curb side was hit hard too.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:31:06 am by r5gtt »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2016, 12:22:45 pm »
Just go steady with the painkillers by the way mate. Ibuprofen is bad for your guts, and paracetamol is bad for your liver. Pay attention to dosage, especially paracetamol.

Anyway, hopefully you get a result somewhere close to what you're happy with. It's been said loads already but at least it was the car that took the most damage and not you. When you take a step back and look at things it's only metal. It can be replaced.

Another sh*tty cliché to brighten your day: Everything happens for a reason. Or maybe a better way of putting it is that unexpected opportunities often spring up from sh*t situations. Try and turn things to your advantage, if you think there might be a way of doing so.
Ths ks @AJP I've not been guzzling the pain killers down thanks mate.
Also what you said about being a piece of metal yes it is but there comes many obstacles and stress due to insurance claims blah di blah blah :sick:

True this might be to my advantage and I think the Lord has blessed me and I'll get something out of this hopefully although I don't fancy thr stress of it all.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2016, 12:51:33 pm »
Think the stress is the worst part and having to fight to get the value of the car payed to you

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2016, 01:16:07 pm »
Think the stress is the worst part and having to fight to get the value of the car payed to you
It most definitely is mate I hate it.

Offline Lucastheone92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2016, 01:39:23 pm »
Keep us updated though mate I'm sure we'd all like to know know your outcome.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2016, 02:25:12 pm »
I will do mate but sadly didn't want to tell everyone my car's been on an accident as to me it WAS mint  :sad1:

Offline unzippy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2016, 02:55:55 pm »
I'm sure it will turn out ok, chin up.

I will do mate but sadly didn't want to tell everyone my car's been on an accident as to me it WAS mint  :sad1:

Bit late now :wink:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2016, 03:03:40 pm »
I'm sure it will turn out ok, chin up.

Bit late now :wink:
I didn't have to but it doesn't matter as it's my car and if I even get it back then I'll keep it for a while.

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2016, 06:30:53 pm »
Not quite the same but when a tw** wrote my old astra off 5 years ago I ended up buying it back. My insurance company made the initial offer which I refused and they suggested that I check Ebay etc for similar cars and prices so I settled for a higher amount and to buy it back I had to pay the scrap value which then was £150 and managed to get the car repaired cheaply and it worked out ok in the end.
Of course your car value is much more than mine was but don't discount buying it back if you can buy it for not much money and you think it can be repaired safely and easily enough. You could end up with a decent car and money n your pocket.  :smiley:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2016, 07:39:22 pm »
Thank you @Lewo sorry to hear of that mate. it's a shame we have to go through this when it's someone else's fault.

I've tried to be as honest as I can with the claims handler and guess what, the guys trying to pull a fast one on me saying if the cars a repair then he gets the cheque and sent it directly to again bull**** I get paid out; BUT I have to prove where the money is being spent ie the repairs cough cough bull****.

Can't request anyone anymore  :sad1:

dealers insurance and everyone wants to F us over f f s  :slap:

Offline Lewo

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2016, 07:47:10 pm »
My car was under a grand mate, so different ball game for you!
I just wondered how much they would value yours at scrap value, if that was the unfortunate way things turned out?

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2016, 08:16:46 pm »
My car was under a grand mate, so different ball game for you!
I just wondered how much they would value yours at scrap value, if that was the unfortunate way things turned out?
I am not sure about that so will need to wait for the assessment and I'd I find a decent claims company as they all seem to be saying the same thing about market value but nt really willing to fight my corner even when they say they will.

Offline SiimpleHarry

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2016, 11:23:44 pm »
Sorry to hear about the crash buddy. I've had a first hand experience with a non-fault write off claim in my gti. During the valuation stage I was offered £5.5k (real time market value was 6.5k - could have been more due to being candy white :grin:). So I did an online paid valuation (CAP) with my relevant specs and it came to £6k and the insurance company were able to match it. Turns out they only used 'Glass' valuation for the initial valuation, but CAP was one of their approved valuation systems so we were able to settle.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2016, 11:43:28 pm »
Thank you for your reply to my post @SiimpleHarry

What's CAP mate as I've never heard of it and you haven't specified what age vehicle or spec to get this pricing and also when it happened as prices are quite cheap for some but with tartan seats and other basics.

Mine is a late 55 reg November dsg with full black leather 5 door was in immaculate condition pre accident and sadly now a banger in my eyes as it's been crashed damaged :doh:

Offline SiimpleHarry

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2016, 05:19:50 pm »
My car is a 05' which at the time had about 80k with FSH (options: folding mirrors, parking sensors, arm rest, puddle lights etc. but tartan seats), car was in perfect condition including alloys. I was offered £6K but my crash was in December 2013.

CAP is just another company that insurance companies use to find the market value of the car. I am unable to find the section on their website which offers paid valuations (i.e. custom valuations) which I used (http://www.cap.co.uk/car-valuation), but your insurance company should do it on request.

Also its still worth trying the glass valuation and add in your option extras. http://www.glass.co.uk/valuations. I've heard Parkers is also an accepted valuation scheme http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/prices/used/ .