Make a donation

Author Topic: CRASHED THE BEAST :'(  (Read 28224 times)

Offline Flyingscotsman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 22
Re: CRASHED THE BEAST :'(
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2016, 12:37:00 pm »
@r5gtt Try to get something in writing so you have a written record.  It's so easy for them to fob you off on the phone & then claim such and such was said.  Even an e-mail today saying "just to follow up our phonecall, I want you to note that I'm unhappy with you repairing the car & I want to use another garage..etc "

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2016, 01:37:06 pm »
Thanks you mate I will do that once I get out of the medical appointment @Flyingscotsman you're a gent  :love:

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2016, 01:54:59 pm »
Sorry to hear of this stress r5 buddy!

Not fair at all :sad1:

As advised by Flyingscots man - try and keep a note of the names, times and dates when u talk to them on the phone and then e-mail them back with your own synopsis of the conversation!

Offline xs2man

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2016, 03:22:29 pm »
Get a call recording app for your phone.  Mine is set to record everything, so I usually have to delete a LOT of recordings.  But the recordings I don't delete are uploaded to the cloud to be recalled when needed.  Then they can say what they like as you have a record of everything.

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2016, 03:24:17 pm »
Get a call recording app for your phone.  Mine is set to record everything, so I usually have to delete a LOT of recordings.  But the recordings I don't delete are uploaded to the cloud to be recalled when needed.  Then they can say what they like as you have a record of everything.

What app is that?

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2016, 04:10:34 pm »
Spoke to the claim company and he's bullsh*ting me regards our discussion of me stating my car will only be repaired by someone of my choice. He's saying they will be doing the repair?.

Offline Flyingscotsman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2016, 04:24:05 pm »
@r5gtt Oh dear...this claims company don't seem to be being very helpful.  I would write the a polite e-mail stating that you are not happy with them choosing the garage and that you would like to choose your own garage.
I know I keep banging on about having it in writing, but this is because if you have a written record then they don't have a leg to stand on if it ever got to the stage of you taking them to the small claims court after a non-satisfactory repair.

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2016, 04:25:07 pm »
They cant do it without you signing a sheg load of paperwork......

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2016, 04:28:39 pm »
Thanks again and no you're not banging on  :happy2:

I've typed up something and will send it on to them as they are taking the piss and saying they did not say I'd be able to have my car repaired at the repairer of my choice. Barstools  :fighting:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2016, 04:43:25 pm »
Is this too much as I'm sh*t at this lol

Dear bleep and the Director of bleep claims

I am emailing you with regards to the repairs of my vehicle registration mark bleep Volkswagen Golf GTI as discussed on the 18th October 2016 @ 11.16am.

I am not happy with Bleep choosing a garage to repair my vehicle and would be happier choosing someone who I think would be suitable in carrying out the repair work.

As your client I have asked you for the engineers report many times which you state that you do not have and will need to get this from the solicitors who have told me that you have the report and sent it to them to pass onto the third party insurer.

I cannot understand why you've not disclosed this information as it is my right to know what is going on as your client.
We previously discussed that any repairs will be carried out by someone of my choice at the date of signing the documents and before I allow you take on my claim and the engineers report of the damage will be shown to me before it is sent off to the solicitors so we can amend any missing damage.

I again confirm that the repairs to my vehicle if it is to be repaired should only be carried out by someone that I authorise to carry out the work and not "Bleep" or its authorised repair shop.

I also mentioned to you of a previous car I owned and had repaired in 2013 through approved insurance repairer that went wrong so that you were aware of my condition for allowing you to take on my claim and not to repair my vehicle if repairable and if a total loss then let me know either way but you have still failed to notify me of this after numerous calls to your office.

Kind regards

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2016, 04:52:35 pm »
Sorry to hear of this stress r5 buddy!

Not fair at all :sad1:

As advised by Flyingscots man - try and keep a note of the names, times and dates when u talk to them on the phone and then e-mail them back with your own synopsis of the conversation!
Cheers @ducman77

shot I should have done that as these iPhone 6 Plus doesn't record phone calls  :doh:
@xs2man thanks

Offline xs2man

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2016, 06:23:01 pm »

What app is that?

Sorry, I'm offshore just now, so I don't have access to my phone (stupid Norwegians).  But, if I remember, I'll post up when I get back.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2016, 07:03:41 pm »
They cant do it without you signing a sheg load of paperwork......
i don't know mate I've spoken to the guy and he's talking bull about our verbal agreement which I should have got written down on paper and signed but had the baby with me and totally forgot to do that.
Will have to wait and see what happens now  :thinking:

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2016, 08:09:18 pm »
Is this too much as I'm sh*t at this lol

Dear bleep and the Director of bleep claims

I am emailing you with regards to the repairs of my vehicle registration mark bleep Volkswagen Golf GTI as discussed on the 18th October 2016 @ 11.16am.

I am not happy with Bleep choosing a garage to repair my vehicle and would be happier choosing someone who I think would be suitable in carrying out the repair work.

As your client I have asked you for the engineers report many times which you state that you do not have and will need to get this from the solicitors who have told me that you have the report and sent it to them to pass onto the third party insurer.

I cannot understand why you've not disclosed this information as it is my right to know what is going on as your client.
We previously discussed that any repairs will be carried out by someone of my choice at the date of signing the documents and before I allow you take on my claim and the engineers report of the damage will be shown to me before it is sent off to the solicitors so we can amend any missing damage.

I again confirm that the repairs to my vehicle if it is to be repaired should only be carried out by someone that I authorise to carry out the work and not "Bleep" or its authorised repair shop.

I also mentioned to you of a previous car I owned and had repaired in 2013 through approved insurance repairer that went wrong so that you were aware of my condition for allowing you to take on my claim and not to repair my vehicle if repairable and if a total loss then let me know either way but you have still failed to notify me of this after numerous calls to your office.

Kind regards

Seems a good letter to me buddy. Have at it :happy2:

Offline Flyingscotsman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2016, 09:31:01 pm »

Seems a good letter to me buddy.  :happy2:

+1