Make a donation

Author Topic: CRASHED THE BEAST :'(  (Read 28218 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: CRASHED THE BEAST :'(
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2016, 11:14:42 pm »
Thanks @ducman77 @Flyingscotsman let's hope it holds and they finally give up but from what we spoke about over the phone he's literally lying to me saying he didn't say he's okay with me getting the repair carried out from my side and didn't say I'd have to show receipts of the work carried out.

Really winding me up but I stick to my words as the truth always prevails but sadly didn't get any of it on tape.

Offline Flyingscotsman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2016, 07:08:41 pm »
Stick to your guns! My advice is keep everything in writing from now on. If no reply then follow up with recorded delivery letters including copies of previous letters mails etc. Then it is up to them to prove in writing that you have signed something allowing them to get it repaired at their choice of garage. Hopefully that was not in small print of anything you signed.
Unless that was clearly and unambiguously stated you can still get them on unfair contract terms.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 07:10:52 pm by Flyingscotsman »

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
  • -Given: 200
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2016, 07:41:01 pm »
Just seen this and sorry to hear this happened but as most say you were okay. Just looking at the pic of the crash had me cringing so can imagine how gutted you felt when happened.

Hope you get everything sorted. I see you mentioned you had back ache, have you had a doctor check you out as sometimes back and neck problems can not be felt for days or seem like just an ache when in actual fact it is something serious

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2016, 11:08:10 pm »
Stick to your guns! My advice is keep everything in writing from now on. If no reply then follow up with recorded delivery letters including copies of previous letters mails etc. Then it is up to them to prove in writing that you have signed something allowing them to get it repaired at their choice of garage. Hopefully that was not in small print of anything you signed.
Unless that was clearly and unambiguously stated you can still get them on unfair contract terms.
thanks @Flyingscotsman I think I've got them by the balls now as they've missed the alloy suspension and left wing damage. I've got the report and it's not in there. Called the engineers up today and he couldn't get a look on the left hand side as the car was too close to the fence and said if that's the case then the cars a write off but I need them to send the pictures of the damage which they didn't do. I've sent images to the solicitor and she is now making sure this gets dealt with and will watch the case carefully so here's hoping these twats don't touch my car with bodge job repairs after lying to me and hiding the report from me.

Just seen this and sorry to hear this happened but as most say you were okay. Just looking at the pic of the crash had me cringing so can imagine how gutted you felt when happened.

Hope you get everything sorted. I see you mentioned you had back ache, have you had a doctor check you out as sometimes back and neck problems can not be felt for days or seem like just an ache when in actual fact it is something serious
Hi mate thanks for the message mate, I'm dying inside as my car was a minter and now it's not  :sad1:

I've been to the hospital and he said it's nothing to worry about and I also have an inflamed shoulder but these will settle down.
It's actually getting worse and I have to keep on moving around like a fidget to get comfortable TBH I'm not enjoying it. Going to get some physiotherapy so hopefully get better with that real soon as I didn't think it'll last this long.
@irish_ram

Ninja

« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2016, 10:16:44 pm »
Any news?

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2016, 02:36:05 am »
Nothing yet. claims people aren't contacting me whatsoever.

Ninja

« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2016, 06:36:48 am »
I know your pain mate. Took months for my car to be fixed.

Keep on at them though, their job is to save money do forget, so they'll be doing all they can to mitigate loss and cut costs.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2016, 02:17:35 pm »
I think the engineers going to write it off as the nsf alloy and suspension damage were not disclosed by the claim company and the car was right against the fence so again hidden from the engineer  :thinking:

Offline unzippy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2016, 09:54:09 am »
Amazing.  The engineer submitted a report knowing full well they hadn't seen the whole car?
Crazy!

Where you up to now?

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
Re: CRASHED THE BEAST BUT CLAIM NOW RESOVLED AFTER A FIGHT
« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2016, 01:53:34 pm »
Yeah how silly is that  :stupid:

Claims been resolved after the claim company trying to get clever after agreeing to allow me to repair my own car, repair value was £3.800 and not recorded but I had a dispute with the claim guy who wanted to get my car repaired through them when we agreed I'd get that done so wasn't going to release payment or car to me
So o contacted the engineer and told him he missed some damage which then wrote the car off as cat D Cheeky so n so's tried it on but I got the better of them.
£4900 for the car on a cat D and they took £900 for the salvage value which leaves me with £4k to get my car back to how it was which isn't as easy as I though it would be.
Got the parts, fitted the steering rack which was priority and just need to fit the rest on and go for a paint job.

Offline unzippy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2016, 12:15:57 pm »
Good man.  At least you will know it has been sorted properly.   Onwards and upwards :happy2:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #131 on: December 19, 2016, 02:07:36 pm »
I'm glad I got involved Stupid dodgy claims people  :fighting:.

Cheers

Offline spwd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 16
  • Hello I'm Steve.
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110133.msg1073872.html#new
« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2016, 03:01:19 pm »
Sorry to hear this r5, but hopefully it sounds like you're getting there  :driver:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2016, 03:25:16 pm »
Thank you spwd, it was a nightmare and I would have been at a loss if I didn't contact the engineer as he was clueless as to what was going on and why the claim co didn't give them the full facts and damage photos!.
Well lesson learned don't trust an Asian claims company unless it's all in writing  :signLOL:

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2016, 04:30:27 pm »
Thank you spwd, it was a nightmare and I would have been at a loss if I didn't contact the engineer as he was clueless as to what was going on and why the claim co didn't give them the full facts and damage photos!.
Well lesson learned don't trust an Asian claims company unless it's all in writing  :signLOL:

Are you going through ASK who i recommended? or through the claims company they use, cant remember the name