Make a donation

Poll

Has anyone install fitted morego wishbones

Has anyone fitted morego wishbones
2 (66.7%)
Morego suspension tweaks
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Morego suspension tweaks  (Read 17757 times)

Offline Ottis

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Morego suspension tweaks
« on: January 22, 2010, 12:13:16 am »
Has anyone install Morego suspension tweaks that lower the front of the car by 10mm and include 1.5° of additional negative camber on the front wheels for pin-sharp turn-in and power-out,i have read this upgrade make mk5  twitchy at high speed',and cause tyre wear?
I have fitted morego wishbones and found no problem in over 6 months with a lot of hard driving and two track day's,has really helped ED30 handling

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Morego suspension tweaks
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 09:06:26 am »

A friend (he doesn't frequent the forums) had the Morego wishbones but suffered badly uneven tyre wear. The problem arose mainly because of their combination with adjustable coilovers.

You need to consider suspension as a whole package in which all the components work well together. Dampers, springs, anti-roll bars, castor, bushes, wishbones, even brakes and aftermarket engine mounts, all play a part and need to be properly set up.

Hope this helps.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 10:38:33 am »
Most people just convert to S3/TT wishbones instead. Lighter & cheaper with the same effect.
Sideways yo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 10:52:24 am »
^^^^
Apart from lighter weight, what are the performance advantages of S3/TT wishbones?

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 10:56:15 am »
Slightly more camber, not as much as Morego's iirc but it's better to get it from the wishbone than the topmount.

Jonny said getting camber by the wishbone is better because it has less of an effect on the rollcenter - I'm afraid I don't know much about this, but enough to know it makes the car feel weird if you play with it.
Sideways yo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 11:16:50 am »
^^^^
:drinking: Thanks Mike

Offline laurent.d

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 12:03:39 pm »
I have got Morego wishbones fitted on my car for about 30 000km(19000 miles) It doesn't look like Hight tech, are pretty expensive put it's the best mod ever. :happy2:

It completely transform the car handling, eradicate understeer.
The car is tail happy without big sway bars and pretty neutral and adjustable with it.

Tyre wear is perfect.

I'll remplace them with better looking, lighter, and adjustable TT lower arms if I can get 2° of negative camber like Morego's.
A3 2.0 tfsi DSG S-Line/VWR K04 Turbo kit/Engine Revo Stg 3/Milltek Exhaust/DSG Revo Stg 2/Quaife LSD/Bilstein PSS10/H&R sway bars/Power Grip Morego/VWR Suspension Bushes/VF Engineering Engine Mounts/VWR Lower Mount/OZ Ultraleggera 8x18 ET45/Brembo 328x28 2pcs 4 pot ''A'' caliper/Braille Battery

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 12:31:27 pm »
the TT lower control arms can give an additional 0.5 degrees negative camber over your cars standard setup.

any more adjustment than that from the bottom of the control arms wouldnt be any good as you would be pulling the drive shaft further out of its housing, hence if you want mega cambr, you go for top mounts.

But as the guys said its the total package that counts.  Not to offay about roll centres, but know if you lower you car to far you can actually make it handle worse

Offline laurent.d

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 09:08:43 pm »
@VRSY

I'm not sure I understood.

When you write ''your cars standard setup'' you talk about OEM standard set up?
That mean about 1° of negative camber or my set up 2° of negative camber?

I dont have any drive shaft issue until now.

On Audi-sport.net Forum, people says that with TT lower arms you can get from 1.5° up to 2.5° of négatif camber.

So who is right!!!????
A3 2.0 tfsi DSG S-Line/VWR K04 Turbo kit/Engine Revo Stg 3/Milltek Exhaust/DSG Revo Stg 2/Quaife LSD/Bilstein PSS10/H&R sway bars/Power Grip Morego/VWR Suspension Bushes/VF Engineering Engine Mounts/VWR Lower Mount/OZ Ultraleggera 8x18 ET45/Brembo 328x28 2pcs 4 pot ''A'' caliper/Braille Battery

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 11:51:58 pm »
^^^^
Laurent, understanding that English isn't your native language, the words "standard", "oem", and "stock", all mean the same: Standard as built in VW's factory by German craftsmen and not modified by mad Englishmen like us!

:smiley:

Offline Ottis

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 12:20:02 am »
I have got Morego wishbones fitted on my car for about 30 000km(19000 miles) It doesn't look like Hight tech, are pretty expensive put it's the best mod ever. :happy2:

It completely transform the car handling, eradicate understeer.
The car is tail happy without big sway bars and pretty neutral and adjustable with it.

Tyre wear is perfect.

I agree totally,i have also tighten chassis and handling by;

Eibach sport springs and Boge Turbo gas shocks shocks,Morego Powergrip wishbones,
Front 22mm Adjustable Sway bar + Rear 24mm Adjustable Sway bar ,
Bump steer correction kit,Bush kit - control arm Front,ECS stainless steel brake line +
ATE super blue fluid,Speed bleeder brake nibbles,Stasis 345 Touring 2-piece Alcon rotors + slotted rear rotors,Audi TT 8.5 x 19” Sportline Split rims,235x35x19” Pirell Pzero Nero,
10mm Forge wheel spacers,Jack point soft pads.
new tracking required due to new 19” Sportline Split rims.Thank you all for comments and help

Offline laurent.d

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 09:34:38 am »
Thanks Redrobin  :happy2:

Sorry, I do my best, but I'm not fluent. Far from it. :notworthy:

I'm still confused.

Some says that TT arms give only -1.5 degrees camber; that's -0.5 degree négative camber over OEM arms.

Others says TT arms give up to a full -2.5 degrees camber that's -1.5 degrees over OEM arms.

Matt WALKER from VWR told me that he is going to check this on one of their car for me, but he is very busy and then hard to contact.

Does anybody gets fitted TT lower arms on his car in there?

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 11:52:46 am »
Some says that TT arms give only -1.5 degrees camber; that's -0.5 degree négative camber over OEM arms.

Thats correct..  :smiley: Personally, having seen the Morego bottom arms, I wouldn't dare run them on my car.. Gash doesn't even come close!!
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 12:23:26 pm »
lol, they do look like theyhave been welded by jonny aged 5.   (not jonnyC lol).

i reckon get some caster adjustable top mounts and max the out instead.

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 12:31:30 pm »
lol, they do look like theyhave been welded by jonny aged 5.   (not jonnyC lol).

i reckon get some caster adjustable top mounts and max the out instead.

The best way would certainly be to get the adjustable bottom arms from the TT.. You save weight plus get the 0.5 degrees (if you want it) then do another 0.5 on the top mount but rotate them for increased caster also.. This way you will keep the roll centre as close to standard as possible, and save weight at the same time..

Thats what im doing anyways..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128