Make a donation

Author Topic: New to the forum and my first VW!  (Read 813 times)

Offline barelyrelevant

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
New to the forum and my first VW!
« on: October 15, 2016, 01:01:22 pm »
Hi,

New member here, just purchased a Mk5 GTI as my first step into the world of VW. :smiley: There is so much to learn and I have spent the last few evenings trawling through various forums to try and get up to speed on the common faults.

Like many I have come from a Honda EP3 Type R which is a fantastic motor, but just a little bit hardcore for daily use and I just wasn't getting the opportunity to use it as it was designed. Decided a Golf is a bit more mature and a bit more classy.

Before that I had a Peugeot 306 GTi-6, which was awesome fun. Engine wise it was completely standard but I spent a bit on some choice handling mods such as solid rear beam mounts, rose jointed droplinks and Bilstein dampers. Hands down a better drive over a rough B road than the Civic, it just used to eat up the bumps without missing a step. Never had a car inspire such confidence as that. Kind of miss it in case you can't tell!

I will get a project thread up this evening, currently aware of a few issues but hopefully they will be cheap(ish) fixes.