Make a donation

Author Topic: Does this sound a little off  (Read 4974 times)

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 35
  • If you're smart in this world they call you crazy
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109742.0.html
Does this sound a little off
« on: October 10, 2016, 11:16:58 pm »
Put a deposit on a white mk6r the other day but now thinking of just holding out for a blue one which is what I really really want. Anyways found a blue one in Manchester 62plate and was going to view it on Wednesday but tonight after studying the pics it's got a diesel gear knob instead of the r one, the steering wheel has the r line logo on the bottom and not the r logo, radio on pics isn't working as it need a code putting in and is advertised with the 'normal' number plate yet in the details says it comes with a private plate but will return to normal plate if you like. So why on the pics does it have the normal plate on?  :confused:

Seems a little off to me, or do you think I'm just over thinking it? Clearly someone has been swapping the gear knob and steering wheel over tho.

http://www.cowleymotorcompany.co.uk/used-VOLKSWAGEN-GOLF-Manchester-Greater-Manchester-931135

Think il give it a miss, them little things will most likely eat a away at me. Such a shame as this ticks every box. Blue, 5door, leather, non sunroof and a 2012 model not really wanting anything older  :sad1: hate car searching

Anyone know the car? Dealt with the garage?

« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 11:22:25 pm by Chris92 »

Offline Johnsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
Re: Does this sound a little off
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 06:46:58 am »
Spare parts bin gear knob,iv got the same in my late 2011 mk2 LCR.see what you mean about the R line badge.

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 08:32:39 am »
But I've driven other 12 plate r's with the correct gear knob. Someone probs cashed in on it

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 08:59:31 am »
If you look at the description - it's a diesel!

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 12:48:40 pm »

its not look at the engine bay pic, wrong details have been put in

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 12:58:45 pm »
If wrong details have been put in then what's the likely that it's the wrong pictures Chris?

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 01:35:41 pm »

Also look at the clocks. No diesel golf I know can rev to 7000rpm without hitting the red  :signLOL:

That gearknob was probably worth £100 so maybe the last owner thought he could make some money. Same with the steering wheel? Maybe their friend had a mk5 and offered to do the switch over for them even... I would definitely ask why!

Regardless of all this I don't like it, too many things putting me off and I'd rather buy from an enthusiast that knew how to look after it.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 02:52:38 pm »

Also look at the clocks. No diesel golf I know can rev to 7000rpm without hitting the red  :signLOL:

That gearknob was probably worth £100 so maybe the last owner thought he could make some money. Same with the steering wheel? Maybe their friend had a mk5 and offered to do the switch over for them even... I would definitely ask why!

Regardless of all this I don't like it, too many things putting me off and I'd rather buy from an enthusiast that knew how to look after it.
+1

Offline Johnsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 05:11:19 pm »
There's a nice blue 3dr on Facebook ,Tfsi tuning page

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 05:59:30 pm »
If wrong details have been put in then what's the likely that it's the wrong pictures Chris?

That did enter my mind and your mostly likely right

Good guess they do go for around £100 I looked, this alone wouldn't really bother me it's just all the other little thing and they all add up, like you said why! Defo going to skip it. We would all rather buy from a enthusiast but how many enthusiasts buy gti/r's new? Bet not many, from what I see most of the cars fall into enthusiast ownership as they get older. if it's clean, full history etc it's good enough for me, plus with there not being too many r's around it may be even harder to find a enthusiast owner   :happy2:

There's a nice blue 3dr on Facebook ,Tfsi tuning page

That navy blue colour one do you mean? Like the colour but want a rising blue one  :happy2:

Going to ring the other garage with the white one and say I don't want it as nice as it is il end up passing a blue one and wishing I held out for one. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 06:13:45 pm by Chris92 »

Offline andyR43

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 07:21:46 pm »
Why not speak to the garage and say you'd only be interested if it came with the correct gear knob and steering wheel. They may oblige for a sale.

Keeping it original..............or not!!

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 08:08:11 pm »
Why not speak to the garage and say you'd only be interested if it came with the correct gear knob and steering wheel. They may oblige for a sale.

But why are they missing? When I rang before I noticed them little details he was a bit of a ass then. Asked him what the body work/paint work was like any marks etc and he just said "as good as any 12reg car" well what's that then you cock  :signLOL: never mind search continues, just was wondering if I was over thinking it etc and what you guys thought of it.

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 08:26:18 pm »

But why are they missing? When I rang before I noticed them little details he was a bit of a ass then. Asked him what the body work/paint work was like any marks etc and he just said "as good as any 12reg car" well what's that then you cock  :signLOL: never mind search continues, just was wondering if I was over thinking it etc and what you guys thought of it.
That's your hard earned money your spending so doing as much homework as possible is the way forward.
I would give it a missing just cause I know that's not the only issue you'll find from that type of seller.

Offline rashg60

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 41
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 08:38:34 pm »

I hate sales people that give you responses like that. I don't care how good the car is and how many boxes it ticks. If the sales person is a pri*k then I would never buy the car from them.

If you can't give honest and detailed descriptions of a car that you are selling, then you shouldn't be selling it (especially a garage).

And if you have doubts/second thoughts, then also walk away. There are plenty of decent cars/owners out there. You just have to be patient and find them.

For me, it's not just about buying the right car. I have to buy it from the right person as well. If the person annoys me with silly answers, then I would never purchase the car from them. You don't know what else they may be hiding.

Hope that helps.
Previous motors (in order of succession since 1994):-

VW Golf MK2 GTi 8v
Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
VW Corrado G60 Supercharged
Volvo C70 2.0 Turbo Convertible
Audi TT MK1 1.8T quattro (225)
Mercedes CLS 320 V6
Audi TT MK1 3.2 V6 Quattro
Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Quattro
VW Golf MK5 GTi 2.0 Turbo

Offline andyR43

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 09:07:16 pm »

Well if that's what he is like then you're right to take your business elsewhere!!

I went to RS Direct to look at a couple of cars at the weekend and of the three cars that I enquired about I got the same answer from the salesman "It does what it says on the tin".
If I was buying a tin of Ronseal wood stain then I would have expected that answer but not for 3 separate performance cars!!
Needless to say my wife and myself walked away.

Keeping it original..............or not!!