Make a donation

Author Topic: TT lower arms and geometry changes  (Read 20405 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=u1kmpapmp7e2rdh2aa6ljjsg34&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: TT lower arms and geometry changes
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2016, 09:40:43 am »
Interesting, I am now playing with suspension settings on an F10 M5, checked to remember my journey with the Old Golf, I wonder how She's getting on now  :happy2:

Blast from the past... hows things? Hows the M5 then?

Offline Carrera2RS

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2016, 06:14:20 pm »
It's quite quick as a stock car with competition pack  :wink:

It's only covered 7k miles, so probably not fully run in. It's a big car with a large footprint, so not a checkable golf. But it's about to be lowered on Dinan adjustable springs, have a little more camber and larger adjustable roll bars. Hopefully that will make it 'shrink' a bit.

It's lovely loaded up in a big corner with amazing grip from 295 / 265 Michelin PSS tyres. If you short shift with the close 7 ratios and give it large amounts of throttle it's ballistic without being too scary  :pomp pomp:
The more I get to know t the more I like it, its surprisingly revvy too. At last they put proper brakes on it the 6 pots feel more than adequate. The steering is also very good (supposedly much better on the CP specced cars). The cabin is a nice place to be and it's got that unique combination of Power and finesse with just enough about the car (lower, 20" wheels, deeper spoilers and subtly flared arches etc) to make people pull over on the motorway  :evilgrin:

I'd love the amazing Ti Akprakovic exhaust but £5k!….

Hows everyone else doing ?

Offline Carrera2RS

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2016, 09:20:57 am »
PS If anyone is interested in a one owner 50k mile Alpina D3 Biturbo, please give me a shout it's for sale currently